Why become a member? ×

Going bare

FinnDave

[quote name='Twigman' timestamp='1371279377' post='2111975']
Rude? possibly.......

I have been looking at heads - i do want something much lighter and more portable. The streamliner is at the top of the list atm tbh. Mark @ bass direct invited me to take my S12T & bass up once it arrived and go through his stock of heads...it's on the to do list but funds probably do not allow right now.
[/quote]

No rush, of course, the HA3500 is a great head (is ti a classic yet?). But I have to say my BF cabs really came to life when there was plenty of juice to put through them.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1371276819' post='2111959']
Yes don't sell it, ever.
I've had all from new, 2 compacts, midget and a super twelve T and stupidity made me move them on.
And now I'm on my 5 th barefaced and hope I don't get stupid again.
[/quote]

Never mind - your altruism means that many bass players have been able to try Barefaced products at a lower price and without the waiting times! You should be rewarded! B) :D

The HA3500 has plenty of power to drive a Super Twelve loud, even if it wouldn't be enough for a Midget in the same scenario because:

1. The S12 is more than twice as large as a Midget and has twice the cone area so has greater LF and broadband sensitivity.
2. It is a 4 ohm rather than 8 ohm load so the amp puts out almost twice the power.
3. It has twice the thermal power handling so will exhibit little or no power compression so you'll get full power from the amp.

[quote name='alexclaber' timestamp='1371472980' post='2114209']
The HA3500 has plenty of power to drive a Super Twelve loud, [/quote]

Definitely.
I have no complaints so far and I did give it a blast yesterday.
I have looked at other heads but only because in its wooden box the Hartke is very heavy and being so large is not the easiest thing to carry about.
I intend to keep the HA3500 for ever though as a back up at least.

thanks Alex - you will not be getting this S12T back, that's for sure!!

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='paulpirie8' timestamp='1373016591' post='2132743']
My Super 12 just got delivered at my work! Initially I was very excited, now I've realised that I have to sit here for another 6 hours knowing that it's in my car and I can't use it yet!

Paul
[/quote]

I had the same issue when my Midgets were delivered but i had them sitting next to my desk taunting me! worth it though!

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1373028237' post='2132939']

But, at least you have it now and I'm sure it will have been worth the wait.
My order date is 29/6/13 so I have a fair stretch ahead of me.
Wanna trade places? :-)
[/quote]

Haha It's been about 17/18 weeks of waiting all in so I think I'll pass on the trading of places. It was absolute torture but yes, as you say, i'm sure it will be worth it! What did you order?

Paul

[quote name='Matt P' timestamp='1373030542' post='2132989']

I had the same issue when my Midgets were delivered but i had them sitting next to my desk taunting me! worth it though!
[/quote]

Yeah I think I did the right thing putting it in the car then! Haha!

Paul

I started this thread two months ago and am about to load my Ashdown 410 into the car for the second gig this week, so looking forward to my Barefaced being ready (delays are due to my choice of cab, no blame directed towards Alex and co at all).

But...my back is pleading for release from carrying this bloody great 410 up and down the stairs!

[quote name='iceonaboy' timestamp='1370356689' post='2099630']
I LOVE my Genz Benz 6x 10 cab, but its too bloody big and heavy, so I am gonna have to think about something a little more moveable. Berg? Barefaced?
[/quote]Whereabouts are you, i stay near Lockerbie and you are welcome to come and try out my Super 12t.

[quote name='paulpirie8' timestamp='1373032519' post='2133026']
Haha It's been about 17/18 weeks of waiting all in so I think I'll pass on the trading of places. It was absolute torture but yes, as you say, i'm sure it will be worth it! What did you order?

Paul
[/quote]

I'm nearly 13 weeks into my wait! Look like it'll only be a few more weeks if you've got yours.

I've had my Super 15 for a few months now.
What can I say?
It's LOUD!
It sounds lovely!
The whole 500W rig weighs 59lb!
I always wanted a 2x15, and now I have a good one that I can carry with impunity, bad back and all!
All hail Alex Claber and all who sail in him!

I think it's about time all y'all started to give me some more respect. Youse cabs are only getting to you this quickly coz I voluntarily offered to have mine put back in the queue just so all y'all BCers would get them a little quicker.
Respect, I tellz ya!
;)
(In real life it's health issues in Tractor manor, and I hope to be back in the queue right after the summer holiday. Looking forward to that.)

Enjoy your newfound space in the forefront! :)

best,
bert

Edited by BassTractor

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1371465418' post='2114089']
Never mind - your altruism means that many bass players have been able to try Barefaced products at a lower price and without the waiting times! You should be rewarded! B) :D
[/quote]

A free one perhaps? Haha.

Can't wait till august when mine is due.

[quote name='Telebass' timestamp='1373064567' post='2133491']
I've had my Super 15 for a few months now.
What can I say?
It's LOUD!
It sounds lovely!
The whole 500W rig weighs 59lb!
I always wanted a 2x15, and now I have a good one that I can carry with impunity, bad back and all!
All hail Alex Claber and all who ride him!
[/quote]

Fixed ;)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='ern500evo' timestamp='1375199762' post='2158031']
I'm 8 weeks in and it seems like forever! On top of that I've sold my 4x10's and my 1x15 so am having to use my old 8x10 for every gig at the moment. At least it'll make the new cab seem even lighter!
[/quote]

I'm at week 13 almost :( anticipation is killing me!

Edited by woodyratm