Why become a member? ×

Going bare

FinnDave

Have you got your tracking number yet? i had great fun following my Midgets across the country, especially when it said that they had been loaded onto the delivery van and were out for delivery!

Matt

[quote name='Matt P' timestamp='1371125506' post='2110089']
Have you got your tracking number yet? i had great fun following my Midgets across the country, especially when it said that they had been loaded onto the delivery van and were out for delivery!

Matt
[/quote]

Surely the midgets weren't too happy about being loaded into the back of a van?!

[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1371130663' post='2110194']
Surely the midgets weren't too happy about being loaded into the back of a van?!
[/quote]

They didn't have a choice they were securely wrapped and boxed up! Barefaced are expert at securely wrapping and sending cabs.

[quote name='Twigman' timestamp='1371131991' post='2110220']
I shall be collecting mine.
[/quote]

That sounds like a good idea, i would have collected mine if it wasn't a 700 mile round trip, i had to trust in the couriers. (they arrived exactly on time and in perfect condition though)

Matt

[quote name='Twigman' timestamp='1371237532' post='2111699']
It's home... and crikey it is LOUD!!!!![/quote]

Excellent! :) Yes... I borrowed one for a few months and it is indeed a totally excellent cab. Given the way it sounds and the ease of transport it seems Alex has found a way round the laws of physics... that's going to be a keeper, nice one.

Would it be rude to suggest that you'd get more out of your cab with a more powerful amp? The limitation to your very desirable stack is now your amp. By a long chalk.

Yes that is rude. However I have been through exactly this with a Midget/Compact combination. Swapped to a GB Streamliner 900 and the cabs more than meet the mark.

Your only regret will be if you ever sell this cab.

Edited by 4 Strings

[quote name='4 Strings' timestamp='1371251227' post='2111884']
Would it be rude to suggest that you'd get more out of your cab with a more powerful amp?
[/quote]Rude? possibly.......

I have been looking at heads - i do want something much lighter and more portable. The streamliner is at the top of the list atm tbh. Mark @ bass direct invited me to take my S12T & bass up once it arrived and go through his stock of heads...it's on the to do list but funds probably do not allow right now.