Why become a member? ×

Going bare

FinnDave

[quote name='Mudpup' timestamp='1370370377' post='2099900']
I had the same chat

Cant wait till August!
[/quote]

Haha, I thought I was privileged for a moment.

I remember sharing emails with Alex regarding this new New cab that was expected to be a bit chunkier and use ferrite.

The temptation got too much, I too have entered the waiting room!! August can't come quick enough, especially as I've shifted two of my Warwick cabs and am now going to have to use my old 8x10 until my new cab arrives. My RH450 is gonna look lost on top of that thing!

[quote name='paul h' timestamp='1370357900' post='2099654']
Out of all the basses and gear I have gone through over the years the one thing I can honestly say I wouldn't be without is my Barefaced Compact.
[/quote]

Likewise my Midget. I'm now using it for almost everything, put it against a wall and huge bass throbs from it making it usable for surprisingly large venues.

[quote name='4 Strings' timestamp='1370434263' post='2100716']

Likewise my Midget. I'm now using it for almost everything, put it against a wall and huge bass throbs from it making it usable for surprisingly large venues.
[/quote]
Stop now please everybody, i only placed my order 10 minutes ago and already I'm so excited I could almost piss my pants!!

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='paul h' timestamp='1370357900' post='2099654']
Out of all the basses and gear I have gone through over the years the one thing I can honestly say I wouldn't be without is my Barefaced Compact.
[/quote]

IMO its qualifies as design classic. I still marvel at the fact that as someone who likes a lot of top end definition and was previously wedded to 10 based cabs with horns, I'm now using a 15 based cab ....

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='iceonaboy' timestamp='1370592181' post='2103062']
Is it that good? I am on the lookout for something a bit lighter. I love the fact that my Genz six by 10 is high, for hearing on stage, but Im not so keen on the weight of the bugger. I want something that gives lots of bottom end but is still bright. So, is the Barefaced the cab its made out to be. I am a firm advocator of the 10 inch speaker cab, but I may be converted ;)
[/quote]

The Compact is as bright as most 10 loaded cabs (with horn disabled of course) including my own Epifani 3x10. If you like a speaker at ear level then just get 2 - works for me anyway B) .TBH just try it - if you dont like it, Alex will take it back and give it to the next person on the waiting list, also the average time to sell a used compact in the classifieds section is about 15 mins.

Edited by bassman7755

[quote name='bassman7755' timestamp='1370605558' post='2103317']
the average time to sell a used compact in the classifieds section is about 15 mins.
[/quote]

And I sold my Vintage without even advertising it! :o :)

[quote name='iceonaboy' timestamp='1370592181' post='2103062']
Is it that good? I am on the lookout for something a bit lighter. I love the fact that my Genz six by 10 is high, for hearing on stage, but Im not so keen on the weight of the bugger. I want something that gives lots of bottom end but is still bright. So, is the Barefaced the cab its made out to be. I am a firm advocator of the 10 inch speaker cab, but I may be converted ;)
[/quote]

My experience was different. I owned a Compact but sold it on and bought a Super Twelve T instead. The compact was great, but it just didn't have enough top/upper mids for my taste. It was easily the best 1x15 I've played through, and would potentially have been everything I needed if it had tweeter. The S12 sounds fairly damn close to the compact without the tweeter on, and gives me everything I need with the tweeter turned up. I suppose it simply depends on your needs, after all the S12 does cost twice as much.

I can certainly see that someone would miss the HF horn when using just a compact. It's a real drawback but as we know, Alex has his reasons. Thankfully, I'm nit the kind of person who uses a horn (most of the time, I miss it on occasion having moved from GK's biamp system) but if you do there are the 'super' and 'big' series, hell you can even get a Midget with a horn these days.

Guest bassman7755

If Alex could find a way to make a tweeter work in a compact it would be the ultimate one-cab-that-does-everything.

[quote name='bassman7755' timestamp='1370642610' post='2104010']
If Alex could find a way to make a tweeter work in a compact it would be the ultimate one-cab-that-does-everything.
[/quote]

Yes, I'd go along with this, twice I have taken both cabs to gigs when just the Compact would have done as I had a little bit of slap which needed the tweeter.

Tbh though, I'll just give the Midget T a try on its own next time, it continues to surprise me, especially now I've learned how important it is to have a wall behind it.

[quote name='Twigman' timestamp='1370684250' post='2104295']
S i x
[/quote]

and

[quote name='Twigman' timestamp='1370768741' post='2105200']
[size=6][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]5[/font][/size]
[/quote]

Whilst I'm waiting for my own Barefaced cabs, the real excitement lies in waiting for the next installment of this ^
:)

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1370801892' post='2105777']
and

Whilst I'm waiting for my own Barefaced cabs, the real excitement lies in waiting for the next installment of this ^
:)
[/quote]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]F[font=georgia,serif]o[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]U[font=times new roman,times,serif]r[/font][/font][/font][/font]