Why become a member? ×

Going bare

FinnDave

[quote name='bassman7755' timestamp='1368796469' post='2081642']
Without knowing exactly what 6x10 you have I can say with reasonable confidence that a double compact rig will put its thumb on its nose and waggle it fingers at your old cab.
[/quote]

:lol:

stop messing with my calm and patient wait! :P

They were a Peavey TX410 and a TC Electronic RS210.
It sounded great, but I got tired of the heavy and bulky 410 so I sold it and used a BC212 with the RS210, vertically, since. A friend of mine had both the BC210 and BC212, so I tested both and thought the 212 was a better option. But in truth, I don't love the results...

[quote name='LawrenceH' timestamp='1368797925' post='2081665']
To be fair, any modern 2x15 set up should roughly match or outperform a typical 6x10 - a 15" driver has more than 3x the cone area of a 10" and will usually have more excursion, too.
10s only really make sense in multiples if you want a slim form factor.
[/quote]

Do you think "Mr. Landlord" will sound good through that? ;)

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1369050749' post='2084208']

Do you think "Mr. Landlord" will sound good through that? ;)
[/quote]

Haha, it will so long as you play it better than I managed on the recording! That was about 5 days in after loading a van up with gear in Devon, driving to Edinburgh, setting up the recording 'studio' in the cottage and then playing for hours and hours each day. Brain frazzled, fingers destroyed - my timing in the little break bits is about as atrocious as it could possibly be despite simplifying the line...I cringed a bit when I listened back when setting up for mixing :unsure: shame because I think it's a nice line overall

[quote name='LawrenceH' timestamp='1369142093' post='2085331']
Haha, it will so long as you play it better than I managed on the recording! That was about 5 days in after loading a van up with gear in Devon, driving to Edinburgh, setting up the recording 'studio' in the cottage and then playing for hours and hours each day. Brain frazzled, fingers destroyed - my timing in the little break bits is about as atrocious as it could possibly be despite simplifying the line...I cringed a bit when I listened back when setting up for mixing :unsure: shame because I think it's a nice line overall
[/quote]

as always, it sounds worst to the person who played it :) There are some great ideas there, it's my favourite track!
When I listen to our SBK album, I often cringe too. We recorded drums, rhythm guitar and bass in two days, and not even full days... all hurried and not the best state of mind (or body, it was FREEEEZING in that disused church where we were recording)... I guess most people don't notice, but I hear every single timing error. :lol:

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1369050664' post='2084206']

:lol:

stop messing with my calm and patient wait! :P

They were a Peavey TX410 and a TC Electronic RS210.
[/quote]

My first "proper" rig was a TX410 paired with a black widow 15. I replaced that stack with a single eden 2x10 without any loss in volume/depth, this was later replaced by an epi 3x10, which in turn was replaced by a compact/midget stack.

A single compact will easily match the tx for volume/depth IMO.

[quote name='bassman7755' timestamp='1369239818' post='2086780']
My first "proper" rig was a TX410 paired with a black widow 15. I replaced that stack with a single eden 2x10 without any loss in volume/depth, this was later replaced by an epi 3x10, which in turn was replaced by a compact/midget stack.

A single compact will easily match the tx for volume/depth IMO.
[/quote]

:gas:

thank you for making the wait appear much longer now :P

[quote name='Barefootbassplayer' timestamp='1369406893' post='2088915']
I can pick my cab up next friday!!!!! You guys can't see me.....but I'm doing a little jig around the room at the moment
[/quote]

Congrats

I have just entered the waiting room

[quote name='Mudpup' timestamp='1369408051' post='2088938']

Congrats

I have just entered the waiting room
[/quote]

Crikey! What're you going for now Jon - S12?

You change your rig more often than I change my socks! No, really... :)

Edited by barkin

[quote name='barkin' timestamp='1369408708' post='2088959']

Crikey! What're you going for now Jon - S12?

You change your rig more often than I change my socks! No, really... :)
[/quote]

Hi Ian

Something a bit different - all will be revealed at a later date!
Gallien cabs going on classifieds any day now

I had to wait an absolute age for mine but that was during the 'CNC machine' transition. I thought it was supposed to speed things up? I hope it's down to the sheer quantity of orders and if it is, I wish Alex and the team all the best for the future...

I must admit as a former barefaced owner I'm starting to think about another set. I massively prefer the tone and build of my Bergantino AE210's to my old midgetT/compact set up, but I do miss the sheer weightlessness of the BF rig.
Sadly I'm in no position to swap as I'd have to sell my bergs first to fund and I'm pretty busy with gigs every week so no time to wait without a rig.
:-/ who knows, maybe something will present itself.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1370351873' post='2099515']
Alex emailed me yesterday asking if I can wait for something more special coming in August. So I said I can wait. How far away is August?
[/quote]
Think I had the same conversation with him, it's so tempting!!!