Why become a member? ×

Going bare

FinnDave

Just paid the deposit on a Barefaced Super Twelve in order to prevent my Ashdown ABM 410 from killing me. I swear someone is slowly filling it with bars of lead when I'm not looking, everytime I have to lift it into or out of the car it seems heavier.

I'll be using it with my Ashdown ABM 500 (an older English one, not the current Chinese version).

Wish me luck with the wait!

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1367684856' post='2068412']
Good luck with the wait, though given the thread title I have to admit I'm feeling slightly disappointed.
[/quote]

Seconded. I know Discreet had his, er, [i]hope[/i]s up :lol:

I can empathise with the heavy amp. I think I must have the same gremlins.

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1367688380' post='2068464']
Seconded. I know Discreet had his, er, [i]hope[/i]s up :lol:
[/quote]

If either of you were to meet me, you'd be greatly relieved that you were wrong!

[quote name='FinnDave' timestamp='1367682955' post='2068383']
Just paid the deposit on a Barefaced Super Twelve in order to prevent my Ashdown ABM 410 from killing me. I swear someone is slowly filling it with bars of lead when I'm not looking, everytime I have to lift it into or out of the car it seems heavier.[/quote]

I was rocking two of these for a while - they sounded great together, but the sheer physical task of getting them in and out of a Polo became too much for me and I went down the Bill Fitzmaurice route.

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1367842211' post='2070063']
It'll probably [size=1](be the best you've ever sounded and might) [/size]be the last cab you'll ever buy.

[/quote]

That's what I told my wife!

Edited by FinnDave

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1367841803' post='2070056']
Hey!!! Stop ordering cabs! I just placed an order for a Compact and all your orders are just going to delay mine! :lol:
[/quote]

How long have you been waiting so far?

I ask because I still not to sort some finances around :P

[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1367857456' post='2070295']
How long have you been waiting so far?

I ask because I still not to sort some finances around :P
[/quote]

oh, just a few hours. I only paid my deposit today. :lol:

I emailed Alex last week as I was not quite sure whether to try a Compact or Midget, and he emailed back suggesting the Compact based on the info I gave him. I was already leaning towards that one... so I read his reply last night... and this morning placed the order. I haven't heard yet back so I have no clue how long it's going to take. It would be nice to receive it by my birthday in September, so I can say it was my present to myself :P

i waited an agonising 4 and a half months for my midgets, it was painful but as soon as they arrived all the pain and agony was forgotton, these are fantastic cabs and definately worth the wait.
i get to try them properly at a band practice tonight, i've packed spare earplugs for my bandmates! (and i'm only going to take one cab along)

Matt

[quote name='Matt P' timestamp='1367917237' post='2070850']
i waited an agonising 4 and a half months for my midgets, it was painful but as soon as they arrived all the pain and agony was forgotton, these are fantastic cabs and definately worth the wait.
i get to try them properly at a band practice tonight, i've packed spare earplugs for my bandmates! (and i'm only going to take one cab along)

Matt
[/quote]

I'd be very interested to hear what your impressions were! :)

We need a Barefaced Waiting Room Support Group :lol:

actually i should point out that the waiting time for my cabs did include Christmas, new year and the birth of Alex's son so was not typical.
the cabs are built to order and they're making them as fast as they can.

the hardest thing for me was the update pictures that were occasionally posted on facebook, scanning the row of cabs looking for a pair that matched what i had ordered, the joy when i got a note saying that mine were in the photo and would be with me by the end of the week was immense!

Matt

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1367917666' post='2070858']
I'd be very interested to hear what your impressions were! :)

[/quote]

i'll post some thoughts after tonights practice,

a support group would have been good, i think that we need to make sure that we get our barefaced cabs to plenty of bass bashes and let the world know how fantastic they are, so far Basschat seems to have turned a tiny one man in his garage operation into a 3 man company with premesis and a full order book, we have the power to boost employment in brighton and re-energise the economy just by buying more cabs! (this might not be true but we can dream can't we?)

i'm hoping that some of the other projects that Alex is thinking of come to fruition, the idea of some new hifi speakers is very tempting.

Matt

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1367917666' post='2070858']
[/quote]

How true is that?

Having sold my cab weeks ago I have been cabless since.......
8 weeks in and the waiting is getting to me.
Postponed a potential gig in Amsterdam due to lack of cab (no worries - it was unlikely to have actually happened anyway).....

My GAS won't be quashed until the cab arrives so have been comfort spending to help me through the wait....
all stuff I sort of need...Mono M80 gigbag (fed up of lugging a full flightcase around) and I've taken a gamble on a SKB bass safe, hoping the M80 will fit inside it (gamble because nobody was able to tell me) for when i have to fly next....oh and 2 sets of new strings to try as did a recording session on Saturday and it all seemed a bit too thuddy with my flats so going to redo the session on half rounds now.....

Please barefaced stop me spending all my money soon and get my cab built.

ha ha