Why become a member? ×

Pre EB Musicman Stingray for sale.

cityman

Thought I'd try these forums in all their different guises one last time before i resort to ebay. I am selling a 1979 Pre Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray Serial No. B015734. I have owned this guitar since 1981 and it is good condition for it's age and has not been played much in recent years. There is a hard case that came with the guitar, its a homemade job but offers good protection. It has had a recent setup at a Bristol music shop which confirmed there are no problems with the neck. Would much prefer to sell to someone who views it first. Asking price is £950.

Edited by cityman

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='obbm' post='33862' date='Jul 18 2007, 09:46 PM']It did. Congrats.[/quote]

I was delighted with the price but it's now 30 hours since the auction ended and no response from the winning bidder. Timewaster perhaps? I'll let you know the outcome.

Cheers all, Dave.

[quote name='cityman' post='34351' date='Jul 19 2007, 09:26 PM']I was delighted with the price but it's now 30 hours since the auction ended and no response from the winning bidder. Timewaster perhaps? I'll let you know the outcome.

Cheers all, Dave.[/quote]

This is happening more often than it used to...... sorry to hear that mate...... hope it works out, i'd have loved this bass but time just not right for me

[quote name='Marcus' post='34454' date='Jul 20 2007, 08:06 AM']This is happening more often than it used to...... sorry to hear that mate...... hope it works out, i'd have loved this bass but time just not right for me[/quote]

Quick update, talked to prospective buyer on phone yesterday, he's on holiday so no internet and hence no email reply and got a mate to bid for it. Sale could happen this weekend when he comes to have a look. I'm surprised nobody on here went for it considering my low asking price, had a bit of interest but nothing concrete. Was asking £950 on here, final bid on ebay was £1950. I'll be a happy fella if it goes for that, will help ease the pain of loosing a good friend. Will post again if sale goes through.

[quote name='KevB' post='35741' date='Jul 22 2007, 10:44 PM']Hell's teeth, I might even put mine up for sale again if that's any guide. Mine's not all original but is is a '79 at heart.[/quote]

I agree! I've got a Musicman with a pre EB body but modern Musicman neck so wouldn't go for as much as this, but still...!

Blimey! Much as I love my ’79 Sabre – it does just about anything you could ask of a fretted 4-stringer – I always thought ‘Rays look funkier. Now I wish I’d bought that ’78 Sunburst/maple ‘Ray I had a chance at a couple of years back for £550……

Edited by Shaggy

Final update.

My Stingray has gone after being with me for 26 years. A guy from Oxford who won the ebay auction came and liked what he saw and paid the winning bid price of £1950. As a ex bass player now with no equipment i suppose it's goodbye to this site as well so good luck all.

Dave.