Why become a member? ×

Kyle Eastwood

paulconnolly

Yes he of the famous Hollywood actor/director dad.

Caught him on BBC breakfast news this morning. All seemed rather pleasant. How do fellow Basschatters rate his stuff and what bass is he playing in this video?

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-506PjBrKEA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-506PjBrKEA[/url]

What I've seen of him in interviews and live performance he seems a very pleasant chap, very unaffected, and very talented too. So to summarise; really nice, good looking bloke with plenty of talent and the son of a very famous and well regarded actor. Don't you just hate him? ;)

Not heard much of him (I have just put him on Spotify) but he seems a reasonably credible artist, as they say. To be blunt, there is no doubt that he has some reflected kudos (and possibly funding) from his Dad but his father is a closet jazz pianist and passionate jazz fan and I suspect he would not have let young Kyle 'play around' with being a Jazz musician if he wasn't going to do it properly. And, to be brutally frank, I suspect a lot of the Jazz musicians who he would have had contact with would have give him short shrift if he couldn't cut it.

What I am hearing as I type, I don't rate that highly (material-wise) but that is not his fault, it just doesn't do it for me. It is perfectly credible, as I said, and he can play.

I've seen him live, thought he was excellent, both the material he played with his band throughout the evening, and his entire personna, very natural, very unaffected, and annoyingly 'cool' as a bandleader (jealousy clearly has something to do with that).

He wrote the themes to both Letter from Iwo Jima and the other one of those two films for his dad, and they are pretty darned good film soundtracks as it goes...

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1367251489' post='2063172']
He wrote the themes to both Letter from Iwo Jima and the other one of those two films for his dad, and they are pretty darned good film soundtracks as it goes...
[/quote]

Yep, both excellent.
He is a very good Bassist, and likes his 60/70's [Cop theme] type grooves when on electric.

Garry

Edited by lowdown