Why become a member? ×

Lefty Bass Bash

leftybassman392

Happy Jack's helpful suggestion re. West London was Arch Studios near Stamford Brook tube station. He says they will allow people to book more than one rehearsal room or even the entire first floor, and they're not too expensive. http://www.archstudios.co.uk/
Similar ideas in other parts of London welcome, obviously :)

Arch charge something like £12 ph and there are four rooms, three on the ground floor and one upstairs which is a nice size & shape but is roughly three feet beneath the District & Piccadilly lines.

It follows that you could block-book the whole place for four hours for less than £200.

There's a very large car park close at hand, and noise would obviously not be an issue.

If you're struggling for a venue I know that you could book the venue we used for the Herts Bash for about £25ph. Includes stage (with drumkit), kitchen and two large halls. Has good road links (M25/ A1M) and is about 10 mins walk from the local railway station.

Let me know if you're interested or contact the venue direct on the link in the original thread.

• 7 months later...

Time for an update of sorts.

Now looking at dates probably sometime in September. I can't do much right now as we're moving house in around 10 days and most things not actually tied down are now in boxes.

I've had some good suggestions for the London area but nothing yet for Manchester (and since I haven't heard anything negative about it I'll assume Manchester is o.k. for folks not able to make the journey to London). I know the area about as well as I know Birkenhead (which is to say I could probably find it on a map...), so if anybody knows anywhere that might fit the bill then please let me know.

Unless anybody objects violently I'll start on the arrangements for London once we're moved and in

Edited by leftybassman392

• 1 month later...

I hope that I'm not too late onto the bandwagon! I'd love to be able to get down again. It's great to see the event taking place again.

It would be an added bonus if the venue was close to a train/tube station in my case, and of course I'd be willing to contribute towards the day.The travel time is roughly the same in order to get to London or Manchester. :)

[quote name='Joshua Higginson' timestamp='1407843406' post='2524501']
I hope that I'm not too late onto the bandwagon! I'd love to be able to get down again. It's great to see the event taking place again.

It would be an added bonus if the venue was close to a train/tube station in my case, and of course I'd be willing to contribute towards the day.The travel time is roughly the same in order to get to London or Manchester. :)
[/quote]

... in which case you'll be welcome to both. :D