Why become a member? ×

In Ear Monitors - help needed...

MoJoKe

1 hour ago, knicknack said:

@EBS_freak any further news on the potential wobbly board? Considering options again...

@intime-nick and myself only caught up with each other this week. I can't say when at this stage - but we are still pursuing it but cottage industry prototyping without bankrupting yourself is pretty difficult! The design has moved on somewhat since we last updated... and I think it's fair to say that we are pretty excited by it. It's construction is like nothing you've seen before.

Edited by EBS_freak
  • Like 3

CCA C12s arrived today. Two weeks to arrive from Ali Express. Went for the upgraded CCA cable too. Total price for both items was around £36

First impressions are very positive. Smaller than my C10s and not as harsh in the top end which is what I spent most time EQing when out gigging.

Looking forward to using them this weekend.

My test songs are Find My Way and Satellite by Nine Inch Nails and Wake Up by RATM.

795358479_2019-11-2715_45_45.thumb.jpg.e8843c3531801764533418d20abac117.jpg1594077338_2019-11-2715_45_42.thumb.jpg.42f5738ea14424c2d72a9c7fd30e6f4f.jpg1514003112_2019-11-2715_36_11.thumb.jpg.8b3feaf3f0d8dbf1a1b07ca7d4ddcdec.jpg

Please can someone answer what may be a stupid question!

I think I am going to go for a Behringer XR18 digital mixer for its sheer features and portability but also for the ability to  to have multiple aux outs to feed our in ear system we are going to start using.....I have downloaded the X-Air app for my phone and everything looks straightforward and manageable from my limited understanding of these digital mixers, so my question is....if all members of the band download the X-Air app would they be able to connect to the mixer and create and manage their own monitor mix (as long as it was agreed they don't start messing with any other screens!) or would it need to be a single phone / tablet controlling the monitoring along with any other outputs?

Cheers

Rog  

29 minutes ago, Roger2611 said:

I think I am going to go for a Behringer XR18 digital mixer for its sheer features and portability but also for the ability to  to have multiple aux outs to feed our in ear system we are going to start using.....I have downloaded the X-Air app for my phone and everything looks straightforward and manageable from my limited understanding of these digital mixers, so my question is....if all members of the band download the X-Air app would they be able to connect to the mixer and create and manage their own monitor mix (as long as it was agreed they don't start messing with any other screens!) or would it need to be a single phone / tablet controlling the monitoring along with any other outputs?

Cheers

Rog  

multiple connections in from various devices is all good.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EBS_freak said:

multiple connections in from various devices is all good.

I'll add to this that if they install the "x-air Q" app rather than the "x-air" app then they'll only be able to adjust monitor mixes and not do anything that affects front of house. I got all my bandmates using the Q version of the app in my last band and only had the regular x-air app open on the tablet that I used for foh.

43 minutes ago, JimBobTTD said:

Apologies if this seems silly...what is stopping someone else downloading the app and messing with the mixes when you’re playing live? 

Nothing if you use the built in router, as the others said use a separate one, I use an old one that used to be our house one, I found it in a drawer just before ordering a brand new one!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sPiKi said:

CCA C12s arrived today. Two weeks to arrive from Ali Express. Went for the upgraded CCA cable too. Total price for both items was around £36

First impressions are very positive. Smaller than my C10s and not as harsh in the top end which is what I spent most time EQing when out gigging.

Looking forward to using them this weekend.

My test songs are Find My Way and Satellite by Nine Inch Nails and Wake Up by RATM.

795358479_2019-11-2715_45_45.thumb.jpg.e8843c3531801764533418d20abac117.jpg1594077338_2019-11-2715_45_42.thumb.jpg.42f5738ea14424c2d72a9c7fd30e6f4f.jpg1514003112_2019-11-2715_36_11.thumb.jpg.8b3feaf3f0d8dbf1a1b07ca7d4ddcdec.jpg

They look very smart, loving the wires too!

On 27/11/2019 at 16:23, Roger2611 said:

Cheers

Rog  

I'd strongly recommend the 'Mixing Station' 3rd party app for other band members to use for their own monitor mixes rather than the official X Air Q app. I use the XAir 18 and our guys much prefer that app, plus you can very easily set it to be locked to a particular bus feed so they can't accidentally start messing with the FoH mix or other people's monitor mix! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, EBS_freak said:

For anybody looking for customs - there’s an absolute killer deal going on for UE at the moment. But be quick! (quad, six and hybrid flagship)

ADC9B029-F7F6-4379-AF0F-F0921B8BF454.jpeg

I’m getting ear moulds taken this week and can’t wait for my UE11’s to arrive 

Absolute Bargain ! 

How does one clean the tiny holes in their IEMs? The metal loop/brush tool thing is fine for the larger holes but I’ve found the smaller holes are accumulating a bit of wax and the included cleaning tool doesn’t work. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!