Why become a member? ×

In Ear Monitors - help needed...

MoJoKe

I found these to be quite a good fit on my ZS10s :

Earphone Tips Replacement 6 Pairs, New Bee Earphone Foam Tips Premium Memory Foam Earbuds Soft Cushion Noise Cancelling Earpad Suitable for In Ear bud & Headphones with 5mm-7mm Tips (S/M/L, Black) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071NZJ7QR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_TPXwCbC4VNCB6

• Thanks 1

On 06/02/2019 at 10:05, EBS_freak said:

My fb feed is awash with people having ear impressions taken with their mouths closed and no bite block.

arghhgggggghhg

I need to sit down and chill out for a bit.

That's a very niche FB feed you have there. Are there groups for ear impressions? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Muppet said:

That's a very niche FB feed you have there. Are there groups for ear impressions? 

Ha - it would seem so - but it's tinnitus awareness week, so there's quite a few hearing related companies that I follow (which is actually quite a lot!) that are obviously maximising on the fact. A fair few sponsored posts going around - which of course are going to be targeted... so unless you are weird like me and have interests in facebook listed such as "tinnitus", I suspect you may be saved from such posts :P:P :P 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

@Gunsfreddy2003 @andysg42 @Bigwan @MoJoKe @Dood @knicknack @sunsse @xzodar et al.

Just thinking about amp format. How do you expect the amp should look?

rack? small enclosure? is physical size a big issue to you? the ability to rack a small enclosure with rack ears?

Personally I'd be after something small(ish), possibly with a view to sticking it on my pedalboard. Rackmount would be no use to me at all...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, andysg42 said:

Half rack would be ok for me or a small unit next to the floor base unit . Digital or analog Russ ? 200w to match the base ? Looking forward to this , 🙏🏼 Can’t wait 😬

Digital or analogue - well, I've tried it with both... and it's whatever delivers the low notes properly!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, andysg42 said:

Half rack would be ok for me or a small unit next to the floor base unit . Digital or analog Russ ? 200w to match the base ? Looking forward to this , 🙏🏼 Can’t wait 😬

Just out of interest, whats important to you? Why digital specifically?

On 04/02/2019 at 14:38, EBS_freak said:

board_01.jpg

Looks killer. Sadly wouldn't work for me because:

1. I'd need about a dozen of them because we're all on wireless and swap places / run around on stage regularly. 

2. I'm already about 12 inches taller than Jamie and Liam so they won't thank me for standing on a raised platform lol.

That said I'd still be tempted because it looks so cool.

23 minutes ago, mrtcat said:

Looks killer. Sadly wouldn't work for me because:

1. I'd need about a dozen of them because we're all on wireless and swap places / run around on stage regularly. 

2. I'm already about 12 inches taller than Jamie and Liam so they won't thank me for standing on a raised platform lol.

That said I'd still be tempted because it looks so cool.

1. indeed - but this was intended for those venues where you are stuck in the corner and can't move anywhere... or where your front persons are doing all the work and you're sat at the back.
2. you may be interested in my earlier protoype. Basically it's two cables going to the mains socket... with a relay that opens in time with your playing. Just clips onto your belt and causes some considerable feedback.

Oh jeez - yeah, shortest band ever. Then there's G... (Funnily enough, I spoke to him via FB after your first gig. Said you did well and it was clearly down to your superior IEMs! :P :P)

You haven't been subjected to the PSM200s yet have you?

Edited by EBS_freak

30 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

You haven't been subjected to the PSM200s yet have you?

Only on the day I auditioned thankfully. My PSM300 is now in the Fraudio rack and I have a stereo feed which makes me very happy. They're really great guys who are fully on board with IEM's so I'll be slowly selling them the idea of custom moulds and ditching the PSM200s 😉

1 hour ago, EBS_freak said:

Just out of interest, whats important to you? Why digital specifically?

Digital amps tend to be smaller and lighter , but will go with what you recommend Russ . An optional bag for the base unit with a sleeve for the amp would be good , one lift . What’s the timeframe for these being on the market Russ ? Cheers Andy🍻

10 minutes ago, MoJoKe said:

ah, and Russ leaves a wide open invitation for pedantry here for someone who wants to take it up!!  (unless its big enough for a chair or bar stool!!!) 😂

I play in a Gregorian chant ensemble. Plenty of opportunity to sit down on the job.

57 minutes ago, andysg42 said:

Digital amps tend to be smaller and lighter , but will go with what you recommend Russ . An optional bag for the base unit with a sleeve for the amp would be good , one lift . What’s the timeframe for these being on the market Russ ? Cheers Andy🍻

Realistically, we'll be looking at interest before looking too hard at bags and the like!

Timeframe? Well, put it like this, both myself and Nick are chomping at the bit to be the recipients of the first two off the production line so we are somewhat focused! I don't think we'll ever put anything out that we don't think is right. We are having lots of conversations to make sure everything is absolutely spot on.

Edited by EBS_freak
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, EBS_freak said:

@Gunsfreddy2003 @andysg42 @Bigwan @MoJoKe @Dood @knicknack @sunsse @xzodar et al.

Just thinking about amp format. How do you expect the amp should look?

rack? small enclosure? is physical size a big issue to you? the ability to rack a small enclosure with rack ears?

I took the plunge to IEM to save my back from all the heavy gear and to reduce my footprint on the stage, so
I would wish for a lightweight, small enclosure amp that is easy to carry.

I'm not sure if I think the looks are important, because I am not yet certain if I would place it in on the floor right next to the board, where it would be preferable with some good looks, or if I would hide it away in the back along with the IEM rack.

It would definitely be an advantage if it can be rack mounted.

Edited by sunsse

13 minutes ago, sunsse said:

I took the plunge to IEM to save my back from all the heavy gear and to reduce my footprint on the stage, so
I would wish for a lightweight, small enclosure amp that is easy to carry.

I'm not sure if I think the looks are important, because I am not yet certain if I would place it in on the floor right next to the board, where it would be preferable with some good looks, or if I would hide it away in the back along with the IEM rack.

It would definitely be an advantage if it can be rack mounted.

Some very good points.

Oh. And it's got to look good. That's a given!

4 hours ago, Bigwan said:

Personally I'd be after something small(ish), possibly with a view to sticking it on my pedalboard. Rackmount would be no use to me at all...

I have to strongly +1 this comment. May be an ambitious feat but it would certainly be cool if it were pedalboard-friendly.

I'd definitley agree with the Half-Rack idea... It's going to be playing with IEM systems so it may as well be compatible! If you're running a Sennheiser unit for instance, it should be possible to run one of it's 'thrus' into the amp! All self contained then.

1 hour ago, CameronJ said:

May be an ambitious feat but it would certainly be cool if it were pedalboard-friendly.

(+Bigwan) We hear you! ;) We hadn't really considered that initially but a few design discussions today told us that that was possibly feasible... maybe...

1 hour ago, knicknack said:

I'd definitley agree with the Half-Rack idea... It's going to be playing with IEM systems so it may as well be compatible! If you're running a Sennheiser unit for instance, it should be possible to run one of it's 'thrus' into the amp! All self contained then.

We hear you! ;) My stuff is all rack based so has been biased to that view... at the moment. Being able to rack a couple of amps together in the band rig would be pretty sexy... right?

The Sennheiser through to the board is an ideal setup... I'm assuming that the board will always be at the end of the chain (so you'll need to split off your IEM mix to the board if you aren't running a separate aux for the board). There is an alternative that I'm looking at - but won't go into too much detail at the moment.

Edited by EBS_freak