Why become a member? ×

In Ear Monitors - help needed...

MoJoKe

I tried my Woojer. It is lovely and all that but I am not Mr IEM and cannot really see myself using it in anger. Anyone want to take it off my hamds. My subs are fully paid up n that, I just thougt here would be the most obvious market. 

22 hours ago, owen said:

I tried my Woojer. It is lovely and all that but I am not Mr IEM and cannot really see myself using it in anger. Anyone want to take it off my hamds. My subs are fully paid up n that, I just thougt here would be the most obvious market. 

May be of interest to @charic

PS - you never came up to me - had the Woojer ready and waiting!

Edited by EBS_freak

3 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

May be of interest to @charic

PS - you never came up to me - had the Woojer ready and waiting!

I got sidetracked every time I meant too!  I was going to see what the difference was with Quad+ headphones too :(

...And I've already had it off of him xD 

Unfortunately, everything is in boxes at the moment but I might be able to hook it up to the PS4 or my phone just to see what it's about!

@charicGoing above quad is a risky game - as I was saying to people at the show... don't start trying stuff that is above your budget cos it will torment you! :P  Was an interesting weekend though - seeing people's reactions between the different brands and the different driver counts. Had a really interesting experience with a guy switching between the A4 , JH11 and the UE11. I think the mention of the UE11 being a sub, low, mid, treble as opposed to a bass, bass, mid, treble fried his mind - and you could see him trying to figure if he heard it as sub or bass! Its all really interesting people feeding back what they think they hear and what they prefer.  :P

Still a hard idea to sell though - its amazing how many people will be prepared to drop cash on a wedge - but not IEMs - despite the IEMs being able to free them from a world of feedback, lumping gear around, have a better sound and protect your ears! The guitar show was the most difficult though!! Guitarists just don't seem interested at all.

Good to see you managed to get a Woojer sorted though. The phone will be more than enough to test it out - and the bluetooth element means you will be able to do it with minimal faff!

2 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

@charicGoing above quad is a risky game - as I was saying to people at the show... don't start trying stuff that is above your budget cos it will torment you! :P  Was an interesting weekend though - seeing people's reactions between the different brands and the different driver counts. Had a really interesting experience with a guy switching between the A4 , JH11 and the UE11. I think the mention of the UE11 being a sub, low, mid, treble as opposed to a bass, bass, mid, treble fried his mind - and you could see him trying to figure if he heard it as sub or bass! Its all really interesting people feeding back what they think they hear and what they prefer.  :P

Still a hard idea to sell though - its amazing how many people will be prepared to drop cash on a wedge - but not IEMs - despite the IEMs being able to free them from a world of feedback, lumping gear around, have a better sound and protect your ears! The guitar show was the most difficult though!! Guitarists just don't seem interested at all.

Good to see you managed to get a Woojer sorted though. The phone will be more than enough to test it out - and the bluetooth element means you will be able to do it with minimal faff!

Well I've got some (unmoulded) ACS headphones at the moment that are pretty good and will do for now :)

I'm pretty good at planning out my purchases and what I'm after.  The nice thing for me and the Helix/IEM route is that I do a LOT of keyboard playing too and a lot of my spare time is also home studio based :)

15 minutes ago, DaytonaRik said:

This!  One of our guitarist tried IEMs and just didn't seem to 'get' it.  Shame!

I do have a surefire way of getting guitarists onto IEMs... I guarantee they'll be on them within two gigs (as long as the rest of the band are on IEMs)....

49 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

I do have a surefire way of getting guitarists onto IEMs... I guarantee they'll be on them within two gigs (as long as the rest of the band are on IEMs)....

Do tell me more!  Neither of them are going to go Kemper or similar at any time soon but neither are they dinosaurs - they're both more than happy to keep back line levels down and happy to use monitors to fill in missing sound elements.

Myself and the vocalist are already on IEMs, drummer is happy with a wedge or IEMs having used both. 

Edited by DaytonaRik

14 hours ago, EBS_freak said:

Does it involve them not being able to hear the rest of the band? If so I know a few guitarists that wouldn't notice...

Apologies if I missed mention of this in this thread, but InEarz is no longer re-shelling IEMs. I had a look on the CustomIEM site and noticed it and followed up with a call and was told they stopped in January with nobody else really offering the service. Kind of gutted as I wanted to get my UE900s done.

15 minutes ago, TPJ said:

Apologies if I missed mention of this in this thread, but InEarz is no longer re-shelling IEMs. I had a look on the CustomIEM site and noticed it and followed up with a call and was told they stopped in January with nobody else really offering the service. Kind of gutted as I wanted to get my UE900s done.

Damn... me too!

1 hour ago, TPJ said:

Correct - inearz concentrating on their own IEMs at the moment (they have just done a deal with asius to fit the Adel) so have halted reshells for the time being.

14 hours ago, EBS_freak said:

The reshelling cost?

Either I’m losing my mind or there was a post about a stand to display your in ears on, which has now disappeared?

https://www.jhaudio.com/p/iem-display

I thought it was you that had posted it.  It could very well be me losing my mind.  Perhaps I shouldn’t have stopped taking the tablets...

Edited by Gottastopbuyinggear

21 minutes ago, Gottastopbuyinggear said:

Either I’m losing my mind or there was a post about a stand to display your in ears on, which has now disappeared?

https://www.jhaudio.com/p/iem-display

I thought it was you that had posted it.  It could very well be me losing my mind.  Perhaps I shouldn’t have stopped taking the tablets...

Oh right! No - that's a bit back now, things seem to have moved pretty fast round here now! Yeah - I agree - seems a lot of cash for a stick with a base!

23 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

Oh right! No - that's a bit back now, things seem to have moved pretty fast round here now! Yeah - I agree - seems a lot of cash for a stick with a base!

Weird - I’m sure it came up as the most recent post yesterday! 

If anyone with too much money and not enough to spend it on is interested in those things they should shop around - if you try hard enough you can pay $199 for them: https://www.moon-audio.com/jh-audio-iem-stand.html 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Gottastopbuyinggear said:

Weird - I’m sure it came up as the most recent post yesterday! 

If anyone with too much money and not enough to spend it on is interested in those things they should shop around - if you try hard enough you can pay $199 for them: https://www.moon-audio.com/jh-audio-iem-stand.html 

I'll buy two at that price! Good grief.

On 09/03/2018 at 13:53, TPJ said:

That's a shame. I had my UE900s reshelled by them last year. They're superb now and could never go back to non custom moulds.

I'm after a decent wireless setup now as I currently have mine running from my helix via a cable from obmm but the cable is really chunky and has started to crackle so I'm looking to go completely wireless. Reckon I have about £600 to spend. Probably looking at senheiser. 

Gonna struggle for decent new wireless at that price... but if you can find circa 100 more pounds, the psm300 with the premium receiver would be my bet - 

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/shure-psm300-p3tra-stereo-personal-monitor-system/111312?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIouH09rPr2QIV47ztCh2frghMEAQYByABEgJUwvD_BwE

Just looking at the Sennheiser prices again... looks like they've gone up again... and when the G4 hits the shelf, I reckon another boost in price to bring it inline with the PSM900...

On 2/13/2018 at 12:02, EBS_freak said:

The thru would be a big plus for this as that would negate the need for a monitoring feed back from a desk. If you can play at quiet volumes where monitoring is not required and still get the thump, then thats a big thumbs up. Also, would take roundtrip latency out the loop for those guys running wireless systems from their bass with horrendous latency figures. Mentioning no brands and all that.

Just revisiting the Backbeat - Hmm. Im so tempted to get one of these to try out now that they've released their kickstarter...

Edited by EBS_freak