Why become a member? ×

Entrance Music

Dropzone

Maybe an original number that has a long synth-y intro with loads of pre programming could be used? Entrance music isn't everyones cuppa, it's certainly not mine but if it's done well I can appreciate it, have a play and see what your band would rather, start to narrow it down between a classical piece like Mars or Hall of the Mountain King, something satirical like Barbie girl? Gangnam Style ;) Or an original number?

We are playing covers with a few well recieved originals in pubs. We get a good sized crowd and want to life ourselves (without being too pretentious) above the satndard pub cover band fare. I suppose uplifting and passionate is what we are looking for to get people ready for the onslaught. We do play modern metal so have to pick our pubs wisely but we seem to be doing well out of it ;-)

[quote name='Musky' timestamp='1366450088' post='2052701']

Or you could go for a bit of Wiseblood or The Gerogerigegege. If nothing else they'll be dead happy when you finally come on. :lol:

]
[/quote]

I spent 7 mins waiting for Wiseblood to start and 5 mins wondering if my soundcard/codecs were buggered listening to The Gerogerigegege. You owe me 12 mins you b*stard.

[quote name='grumble' timestamp='1366671671' post='2055893']
I spent 7 mins waiting for Wiseblood to start and 5 mins wondering if my soundcard/codecs were buggered listening to The Gerogerigegege. You owe me 12 mins you b*stard.
[/quote]
:lol: Sorry about that. :)

[quote name='Jus Lukin' timestamp='1366459322' post='2052848']
^ The Gerogerigegege! One certainly doesn't expect to see them mentioned very often. And not without good reason, I suppose! I stumbled upon one of their albums in a Dutch secondhand record shop, and looked them up based on nothing more than the name and subtitle 'Ultra Sh*t Japanese Band'. I had no idea they would take the interpretation of that title so literally in their performances. *[i]shudder[/i]*
[/quote]
My first thought was to suggest Masonna as a purveyor of complete noise, but his stuff has vocals. Sort of. Like The Gerogerigegege his recorded output is completely unlistenable, but he was a stunningly good live proposition. Which I suppose goes to prove that live shows are about much more than just the music. Especially when there is no music. :)

Not sure I could put some of those in the "uplifting" category, but if they float your boat ;-)

Still not sure what our opening tune will be. We normally match it to run over the ending of the entrance music so that will need to be decided first.

We currently have a mish mash or Korn Slipknot and Drowning Pool text and spoken word that runs into Korns Shoots and Ladders.

[quote name='mike257' timestamp='1366397418' post='2052153']
One old band worked our way through a compilation album of TV themes. The A-Team was good, but a personal highlight was coming on to the Fresh Prince Of Bel Air theme and the singer spontaneously leading a crowd singalong before launching straight into our loudest, fastest tune.
[/quote]

My old band used to kick things off with the theme to Buffy The Vampire Slayer by Nurf Herder. It never failed to get things off to a good start.