Why become a member? ×

New cab - frightened - please help!!

Bass Lady

Hi all, please help or at least tell me I'm not about to do something stupid! Just taken delivery of my new MarkBass NY 121 cab to go with my MarkBass CMD 121P combo. Normally I would check with hubby but he is in work and I am too excited to wait.

I have plugged the cab into the combo using a Neutrik speakon cable. I can't see any switches or buttons I need to press to "add" the cab but I don't want to switch on until someone can reassure me I am not about to do something stupid and blow things up!!!

Sorry to sound so dim but this is the first rig / cab I have owned and don't want to mess up.

Pleeeeeeease help an overly excited 40 something lady................ (yes, permission here for "interesting" remarks!)

Thank You
Rachel :gas:

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1365601699' post='2041644']
Make sure you put the cable the right way round!!

Just messing with you :lol:
[/quote]

You nearly gave me a bloody heart attack when I just read this! Nice one LOL

:lol:

[quote name='andy159' timestamp='1365602380' post='2041662']
mmmm no reply so she has either blown up or is now enjoying the cab to her hearts content and annoying the neighbours a lot :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Definitely annoying the neighbours! :rolleyes:

Mmmmmmmm, very, very nice. Everything seems to be working as it should. Wish I could really crank it up but things start to shake and rattle in the room so I'll have to wait until I can get into a bigger place to really go for it.

Had a little panic to start with, had a strange "clicking" noise when I touched the strings, an electrical type of noise. As this was the loudest I had turned the amp up so far I didn't know if it was because of the additional cab or anything else. Happened on all guitars I tried (active and passive), unplugged cab, still happened. Turned gain down, it stopped. Quickly searched internet, apparently static can cause this so........... tried again, earthing myself first (I am a bugger for dragging my feet on the carpet going up and down the stairs). Clicking has stopped, even at louder volumes and with cab plugged in so worry over.

Just goes to show, I really am electric when over excited!!

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' timestamp='1365598805' post='2041588']
Just plug the Speakon in and it's ready to go.

Enjoy :)
[/quote]

As above
[quote name='MartyBRebelMC' timestamp='1365600684' post='2041628']
I used to have that very combination of 121p and NY121 - it's a fantastic rig - enjoy!
[/quote]

I currently have this set-up, and agree, it`s a great rig.

Congrats Bass Lady, I think you`ll be very pleased indeed with the two of those.