Why become a member? ×

Cacking it!!!!!!

mrtcat

[quote name='mrtcat' timestamp='1365595934' post='2041514']
Myself and my other bandmates just got this text from our drummer:

Folks I have some news. 31st July you are playing with Gregg Bissonette at the Freddie Gee Drum Academy. Gregg was David Lee Roth's drummer from 86-91 and is currently Spinal Tap's first choice.

I'm officially bricking it. Defo keen to do it as it's a really cool opportunity. He's a friend of our drummer who used to tech for him. Any advice?
[/quote]Surely if he is with Spinal Tap he is likely to have come to some bizarre end long before you are due to play?

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1365601386' post='2041638']
He sounds cool to me and I expect he will himself expect to have to show some chops, so let him steal the show. He probably will anyway :lol: :lol:
You'll prorbaly find he has played some massive gigs and is cool about them as well, as in, they would have beena great buzz.. and if your mate knows him, he will know his character.

[b]We have a local guy round here who has played in probably one of the TOP 3 favourite BC bands, I'd suspect.
Everyone likes him and respects him as he is a NICE guy to boot...so when he has a story to tell...no one sees it
as 'name-dropping' or any sort of agenda... they listen and join in on the joke.[/b]
[/quote]

Yeah, Dave Swift's cool man :)

yeaahhh...our guitarest has a mate who drums in the planet biggest metal band,i sharnt name drop,but personaly i dont think lars is very good at all. so is that gregg dude the one from going crazy and eat em and smile stuff who chucks sticks about? nice gig dude take it as it comes!..talking of chucks....

[quote name='thunderider' timestamp='1365696346' post='2043133']
yeaahhh...our guitarest has a mate who drums in the planet biggest metal band,i sharnt name drop,but personaly i dont think lars is very good at all. so is that gregg dude the one from going crazy and eat em and smile stuff who chucks sticks about? nice gig dude take it as it comes!..talking of chucks....
[/quote]

Lars is a terrible drummer. lol.