Why become a member? ×

VANDERKLEY BASS CABS - PLAYERS VIEWS PLEASE

BassManGraham

E2F195B4-B926-4882-918C-0FD17AF33F0E.thumb.jpeg.aea42467f7d138d399ccccde45872909.jpeg

Enjoying mine. I will say I was more impressed when I was running an EBS Reidmar 750 into it…but, live and learn.

Not sure what I’m doing about amp at the moment.

I found it a bit lacking in clarity, wound the horn up and then backed it off a bit, half way through my 3rd rehearsal with it and a bit of a tweak with amp eq and it was doing what I wanted.

Listened back to the recordings and it fills the room with warmth better than the EBS410 it replaced - while keeping the clarity and volume.

0C607166-93BF-4984-B239-CF7EB0AA2756.thumb.jpeg.7844760689df5aab9a5ac465580d51e8.jpeg

Hey Andy,

Thanks for that. It's helpful to hear how other people find it, mainly as in a shop it's so hard to predict how that sound transfers into a band, and how it behaves at higher volume in that context too.

Your one is the vertical one, i believe it's called an MNT? The one I tried was the diagonal configuration model, which has different drivers too. So I wonder how different they sound.

Can I ask - is your EQ engaged on the Ashdown? DO you have the 'flat' setting ON? 

I used to own an old ABM 300 evo head, so I have a bit of context with them hence asking. I'm not sure how your signature model compares but I'm sure it's still got that ashdown flavour. Huge sounding amps.

Thanks again man

On 25/10/2021 at 22:41, fingerz said:

Hey guys,

To any owners/players of the 212LNT cab....

Sorry to revive an old topic. I'm looking at cabs, and am after a single cab solution as I've had for years with my Epi 310. I'd like something a touch louder, and very clear. I checked out a 212LNT at the Gallery last week. Totally stunning cabinet and I'd happily own a Vanderkley based on his rep and ethos. My impression of the sound was that the low mids and lows were really prominent, when I popped or dug in, i wasn't hearing the high mids I'm used to with my 10" speakers. Lots about the vanderkley was better, and I know my ears and settings would change, perhaps the 12" just has a different character to the one I'm used to. My question is this:

Any owners of that cab find that once you start driving it at gig volume it really evens out? Or is it the sort of cab that has that low/low mid drive with the sparkle from the tweeter on top regardless?

I like it to sound 'funky', and using the very clean and dependable Thunderfunk 550 head.

Thanks.

Sort of similar to you, but I went in reverse!

I had 2 Vanderkley MNT210 cabs (the diagonal ones you speak of, the vertical array is the LNT). And chopped them out as it was overkill for my gigs. I found an Epifani UL210 on here and bought it in place of the MNT. Truthfully, I find the Epifani a better cab. It is louder, can go lower and has a really sweet upper midrange tone. YMMV, IMO etc.

The Vanderkleys were, tonally, massively even and full ranged. So much so, I felt it robbed them of a bit of character, although I appreciate this is a desirable thing to many.

• Like 1