Why become a member? ×

as new MTD KZ5 **SOLD**
£550

artisan

up for sale is my beautiful MTD KZ5,bought new from Bass Direct just a few months ago.
This bass is in immaculate "as new" condition & really is a very nice bass indeed,still has the original strings fitted (still sound new) & is set up perfectly.
Sounds sublime with a very punchy & powerful range of tones,very flexible preamp & a huge tight B string,you can really shake the house with this baby.
These basses are very well made indeed,fretwork is top notch & the whole bass is very well put together indeed,plays beautifully too.
I fancied a 5 string a little while ago convinced that after 34 years playing 4's that i could make the switch with no problem -- I was wrong I just cannot get my head around the extra string,try as I may so with regret it has to be moved on.
here's the blurb from MTD [url="http://www.mtdkingston.com/basses/Z.htm"]http://www.mtdkingst...om/basses/Z.htm[/url]

My pics do not do justice to the bass,I will try to take some daylight photos over the weekend (if we get any daylight that is),the Burled Maple top is the nicest one I've seen on one of these.

*Edit added a couple of new photo's of my actual bass from the Bass Direct website which show of the bass better than my crappy pics :D
Bass comes with a very nice & well padded MTD gigbag.
sorry no trades as I have already bought a 4 string to replace this.
cheers

Edited by artisan

I tried one of these in the 4 string variant at a recent Bass-Bash and it was a lovely thing to play; a lot of instrument for the money and at that weight it has had me wondering on more than one occasion if I couldn't give 5 strings one more try.... Nooooooo, step away from the 5 string! :lol:

You'll have the right person spot this and snap it up. ;)

[quote name='Ziphoblat' timestamp='1366838945' post='2058045']
Lovely looking bass that. Shame it's a 35" scale or I'd be very tempted... good luck with the sale.
[/quote]

thanks for that matey :D you are welcome to come over & have a go on it if you wish.
i must say that the 35" scale never bothered me at all it is just the extra string i can't get my head round.

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1367533204' post='2066733']
You don't need/want a Ric 4003 do you?
[/quote]

i'd bloody love one :D
unfortunately i don't have any more cash to throw in as i spent it all on my Esh.