Why become a member? ×

Ashdown ABM1000: long term experience?

gillento

[quote name='jwindham' timestamp='1428523717' post='2742188']
On Ashdown's facebook page there is a [i]very[/i] quick clip that compares the abm 500 with the new 600. Not sure if the amps were setup with similar eq/levels, but the new abm 600 sounds a bit more forward, present in comparison. Of course, always good to try in person :)
[/quote]

Do you have a link to that clip? I did not find it with a quick search.

It's completely beyond me why more people didn't get a ABM 400 or 1000 this is easily the best amp I have had & I have owned a Ampeg SVT, Ampeg poraflex . Carlsbro, Fender Bassman 135, Various GK, Markbass Little Rocker , Mrk 3, Mo Mark , Mesa Boogie 400+ Trace Elliot Mrk6, Warwick Various ...just saying .

[quote name='gillento' timestamp='1432280571' post='2779897']
Do you have a link to that clip? I did not find it with a quick search.
[/quote]

Just saw this- here it is I believe: https://www.facebook.com/PMTSouthend/videos/10152670715396750/

• 1 month later...

I've been using the ABM 1000 since 2012 (serieal # 1) and I also use the ABM EVO 500 serries and the ABM 1000 has a crushing overall out put in comparrison to the EVO 500 but it also has that sam thick warmth as the EVO 500. One can tell that the two amps are related for sure just that it is very easily to hear that the ABM 1000 has more head Room.

Now comparing the ABM 1000 and EVO 500 to a tube head like the Aguilar DB 750 is like comparing apples to oranges. Same as if one was comparing the ABM seriers to the Ashdown CTM series.

Ashdown Endorser

Edited by JAUQO III-X

• 1 month later...

I've been lucky enough to own & A/B the ABM1000 against a Mesa Boogie 400+ , Mark bass mrk3, mark bass little Rocker , Mark Bass Mo mark , TC 250(that's never 250watts)
It sounds like no other digital amp I've tried it's just great loads more oooomph & clarity than any of the above & easy to carry .

• 2 years later...

Another happy ABM1000 user here. I do prefer my ABM600 as it`s a bit sharper/harder sounding, but there`s not that much in it. I tend to use the 1000 for rehearsals to make life easy, and the 600 for gigs, especially as I use so many shared/provided cabs at gigs. I`d be a bit concerned that the 1000 would damage a lesser powered cab.

• Like 1