Why become a member? ×

weird occurence

timmo

I bought a second hand Warwick Fortress Bass.It worked perfectly for 3 weeks.Then it was silent.I have tried 3 different amps.Anyway, it has a pre active amp, so when i pull the knob out, i get sound, but a lot of buzzing from the strings.When i push the knob back in, it is silent.Typically, it has to happen over Easter, when all the music shops around here are closed until Tuesday.Then a thought came to me.Could it be the 9 volt battery that is dead? I have no idea about the Bass , as i have only had it for 3 weeks.I will get a new battery, maybe tomorrow, just to check that.If no one can come up with any suggestions, i will take it to a guitar shop on Tuesday, which looks like it will have to happen anyway
Thanks

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1364679996' post='2029685']
it has a pre active amp, so when i pull the knob out, i get sound............... When i push the knob back in, it is silent..........................Could it be the 9 volt battery that is dead?[/quote]

Could very well be - especially if you left your lead plugged into it.

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1364682640' post='2029707']
Could very well be - especially if you left your lead plugged into it.
[/quote]

OOPS, i was warned not too leave it plugged in by the person i bought it from, but i forgot.If there is a shop open tomorrow, as it is Easter Sunday, i will change it to see what happens.Hopefully that is all it is, as i really don`t want to spend lots of money having just bought it.
Thanks for the reply :)

Edited by timmo

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1364683485' post='2029715']
If you've left it plugged in for three weeks then the chances of it [b]not[/b] being the battery are slim.

Sounds to me like you've got a nice [i]UNNECESSARY[/i] cheap 'repair' there timmo. :)
[/quote]

Fixed...