Why become a member? ×

SOLD Hartke 3500 amp, needs a service. £70
£300

oldslapper

Sold this amp with a couple of cabs, but it came apparent that the amp needed some attention, so took it back with full refund.
So this is for the amp head only.
3500 MosFet head that fires up, works, sounds great still.

It's been looked at by an amp tech, and his report recommends:-
That an emitter resistor needs resolderring onto the PCB on the power output module.
Here's a picture of said loose resistor:-
[IMG]http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af124/basscoach/my%20shed/035c6e74cdc4761d19a6cc87aa57b48b.jpg[/IMG]
A couple of power supply caps need replacing too. Generally would benefit from a service.

£70 cash.

[IMG]http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af124/basscoach/stuffs/IMAG1414.jpg[/IMG]

Please note, the amp is not in the wooden rack unit anymore, and the Hartke cabs, Genz head and Eden cab shown, are not included in the sale.

I'm in north Dorset if you'd like to come try it out. Happy to travel to meet up as far as Bournemouth, Bristol, Bath. But no further I'm afraid.

Edited by oldslapper

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

sorry to be ignorant, but what does it mean that it's not in the rack mount anymore? Also, what's the condition like apart from what's wrong? And finally, can you post it - Suffolk is a long way from Dorset.

Not being ignorant.
The amp can be put into a 19" rackmount flightcase, or wooden surround that it was in...in the picture, by using the ears, and bolts. This enables you to carry it with one hand if it has a handle.
I might even have a spare one hanging around...can't promise, but will have a nose in my "special" cupboard tomorrow. But will include it if I have one.
Other than the guts needing a soldering and a servicet, the condition is good. These older Hartkes were built like tanks IMHO.

Posting might be an option, id prefer face to face, but I'll see if my mates music shop can courier it to you at cost. (Was £14 fixed amount, for literally anything from a plectrum to a bass bin). I won't be able to get there till Tuesday though.

John