Why become a member? ×

Anthrax - Caught In A Mosh (bass cover)

chrismuzz

[quote name='mildmanofrock' timestamp='1364492459' post='2027277']
Great playing and amazing tone. What did you record your bass through?
[/quote]

Thanks man :) I connected my pedalboard to my laptop using the USB out on the Zoom B3, and recorded direct into Reaper!

Peavey Zodiac DE Scorpio! The Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders it came with are incredible pickups. The bridge pickup does hiss a little though with it being a single coil so I'm thinking of swapping it out for a Hot Stack after seeing (I think it was Lozz) recommend it to someone else.

Edited by chrismuzz

My Frank Bello Fender had as standard Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound P pick up with a Fender SCN Jazz at the bridge, which was very much under power! I fitted a matching SD 1/4 lb Jazz at the bridge & it's a real powerhouse now B)

[quote name='mildmanofrock' timestamp='1364494042' post='2027316']
I love it. Great crispy gravel-path crunch with a smooth bottom. :)
[/quote]

The main ingredient there is the Ashdown Hyperdrive! The high mids are mega distorted, and then it goes through the Marshall Jackhammer on a low gain setting which just smooths everything over.

[quote name='KiOgon' timestamp='1364494217' post='2027322']
I fitted a matching SD 1/4 lb Jazz at the bridge & it's a real powerhouse now B)
[/quote]

I love the sound of the Quarter Pound in the bridge, but in a live setting I get lots of feedback with high gain :( I got some copper tape shielding put on the bass which helps a lot, but the true test will be Saturday's gig! If it's still bad I'll consider putting a Hot Stack in.

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1364494331' post='2027323']
The main ingredient there is the Ashdown Hyperdrive! The high mids are mega distorted, and then it goes through the Marshall Jackhammer on a low gain setting which just smooths everything over.
[/quote]

I'll have to investigate those pedals!