Why become a member? ×

SOLD PENDING USUAL - G&L USA Custom L2500 Clear Orange w/case & candy
£750

Jakester

Sadly for sale due to not playing (bass) in a band anymore and needing some cash for an impending house move.

A 1996 G&L L2500 [b]USA [/b]Custom bass in Clear Orange over a flat swamp ash cap with cream body binding. The neck has a lovely figure to it, and is a nice shallow shape. It's in nigh-immaculate condition - I just gave it a once over and I can't see any dings, dents etc other than a couple of very small ones at the very tip of the headstock.

I picked it up about a year ago, it's been lightly gigged since then - it was last played in anger in July 2012, and has sadly been sat in its case (barring the odd noodle) since then. I previously had a Tribute L2500 and L2000 and this has them beaten hands down in playabilty and looks (and they were great!)

It's just been to [url="http://www.samsguitarschool-recordingstudio.co.uk/repair.html"]Sam Deakin[/url] for a setup (I got it back today) and has brand new DR Fat Beam strings fitted. Sam replaced the barrel jack which had worn out, and also did a little work on the frets at the dusty end to smoothe them down a little.

The new strings are quite trebly (literally brand new) and with the MFD pickups there's a lot of sound going on, but the beauty of the G&L pre-amp is you can easily find the tone you want.

It comes with the G&L Certificate of authenticity, owner's manual and warranty card, in a G&L hardcase.

I'm looking for £750 cash.

I will consider trades valued at circa £350 or less in respect of the following, but I am selling 'cos I need cash, so any deal would have to be trade plus in the region of £400 cash my way.

Fender Mex/Jap Jazz or P-Bass fretless (or modded fretted depending on mods)
Squire CV/VM Jazz fretless (or modded fretted depending on mods)
Fender Jap/US/ MightyMite/AllParts/Warmoth Jazz maple fingerboard neck only
Fender/Squire VM Jazz V
Decent parts Jazz
Any G&L Tribute but particularly carved tops L2000/M2000, L2500/M2500 and JB (don't know if they do fretless?)
Overwater Tanglewood jazz-type guitars
Lakland Skyline
Warwick/Rockbass Corvettes (in particular a fretless!)
OLP/SUB Sterlings/Stingrays
One of the old Yamaha 4 or 5 stringers that was a step up from the RBX but not quite the quilted maple top end stuff - am I thinking TRB or BB range - the one with the soapbars or jazz pickups, not the offset 80's ones?

I might also consider a nice Telecaster, depending on finish.

I'm not looking for a standard Affinity Squire Jazz etc thanks.

I would strongly recommmend any potential buyer to come and try the bass beforehand to avoid any surprises. You're welcome to some tea and cake! I will post at your cost, and I will do my best to resolve any issues you may experience, but I won't deal with any "buyer's remorse" type issues!

Edited by Jakester

[quote name='scalpy' timestamp='1364369200' post='2025399']
Have a bump for a spectacular bass!
[/quote]

Thanks - the pics don't really do it justice, the finish is really 'deep' and the grain really 'pops' up close.

It really is a wrench to sell, but I'd sort of prefer this going to someone and being played, rather than just sitting and gathering dust.

Hi Merv,

Thanks for the offer of a trade. I think the BB isn't the right Yamaha range I was thinking of, sorry. I think there was a cheaper version of the TRBs but I can't remember what they're called!

I'm actually off next week - I'll be around SE over the weekend, and then back in Brum all week, if that works?