Why become a member? ×

Shine Stingray Rebuild/Refurb

Astrosmurf

Hi Guys n Gals

Im fairly new to playing etc, but the bug has well and truly bitten.

Woke up this morning and after a late night loading a show out decided i wanted something to plod with today. Coffee and screwdriver in hand my Shine Stingray was being attacked and mercy was not going to be shown.

Ive formulated a basic plan for the rebuild and its going to hopefully go something like this...

Sand back to bare wood and build up from primer, bass coat, top coat and lacquer ( 8 coats flatted back between each colour coat ).
Im going to put a red/brown tort pickguard on and paint the body Seafoam Green. Id like to go active on it as soon as money allows so will be routing a battery box into the back ready whilst ive got the paint off. Im not sure what to electrics/pickup wise as im a newbie so any advice on that would be massively appreciated.

Ive added a few pics of the progress so far and will be adding as and when i manage to get more done. Id like it back together in some way for end of April.....

Wondered about doing a roadworn style to it hence the sanding bits, but not 100% set on that yet

As you can see the nut came out as i was de stringing, is there much benefit to adding a graphite nut whilst its apart, found them for £10 ish?

THanks for looking

Yeah ive got a lovely 94 Jap Precision as my fave one, this was just a cheap practice one - cost me £50 and i think even with the Nitro, Pickguard and bits its going to cost me £150 including the original price.

Paint to be ordered tomorrow - but still trying to way up Fiesta Red or Seafoam Green