Why become a member? ×

Shipping company recommendations please

Alpha-Dave

In case, I think such a sticky must have been removed more than a year ago. There still is a sticky about plane travels though (may that's the one you think of?), and we've had several threads about shipping company recommendations during the last year. I tried a seach in General Discussion, and got many threads, but did not find the huge thread I was looking for. Maybe your searches are better.

FWiW, my own experiences with UPS, USPS and FedEx have been flawless.

best,
bert

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Alpha-Dave' timestamp='1365267299' post='2037462']
Thanks for the replies, unfortunately the parcel is oversize for almost every service suggested; only Fedex Freight (£600!) or UPS (£330) can do it.
[/quote]

If they will - have you tried getting the recipient stateside to get a price to have FedEx collect rather than you sending it?

I can safely say that I took a while picking my chin up off the floor when I did it that way round last time - bit it was 4 years ago. A Hiwatt 200, double boxed, weighing whatever a Hiwatt 200 does, insured for £1000 for (IIRC) £72!