Why become a member? ×

Patrick Eggle guitar on ebay

Jigster

[size=4]Mate of mine is selling this - all hand crafted Eggle from 1997[/size]

[size=4]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Patrick-Eggle-Berlin-Pro-HT22-1997-One-Owner-/121082682085?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item1c31171ae5[/size]

[size=4]Sorry mods, not sure where else to put something like this[/size]

[quote name='Jigster' timestamp='1364037933' post='2021115']
[size=4]Mate of mine is selling this - all hand crafted Eggle from 1997[/size]

[size=4][url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Patrick-Eggle-Berlin-Pro-HT22-1997-One-Owner-/121082682085?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item1c31171ae5"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1c31171ae5[/url][/size]

[size=4]Sorry mods, not sure where else to put something like this[/size]
[/quote]
.....in the 'eBay-Weird and Wonderful' section?

Edited by BetaFunk

I had 3 Eggles in the late 90's. A Berlin Pro, LA Pro and LA Standard. I used those before I could afford a PRS and the build quality, tone and comfort was on par with the PRS guitars I bought. Looking back, I should have probably stuck with the Eggles as I felt I spent more money on the PRS's without much gain. Lovely guitars and the 2nd hand market for them these days is surprisingly good value for money. Patrick Eggle made a couple of bad business decisions during the peak of their success which soon led to a stop in production. It was nice to see the brand back in business a few years ago, but I still feel a bit gutted that they are only focussing on acoustic instruments now.

[quote name='shizznit' timestamp='1364049689' post='2021343']
I had 3 Eggles in the late 90's. A Berlin Pro, LA Pro and LA Standard. I used those before I could afford a PRS and the build quality, tone and comfort was on par with the PRS guitars I bought. Looking back, I should have probably stuck with the Eggles as I felt I spent more money on the PRS's without much gain. Lovely guitars and the 2nd hand market for them these days is surprisingly good value for money. Patrick Eggle made a couple of bad business decisions during the peak of their success which soon led to a stop in production. It was nice to see the brand back in business a few years ago, but I still feel a bit gutted that they are only focussing on acoustic instruments now.
[/quote]

Patrick Eggle himself is making acoustic guitars under the name of 'Patrick James Eggle'
As far as I know, electric instruments are still being made by the firm 'Patrick Eggle Guitars'. Although, it's hard to tell as their website never seems to change.