Why become a member? ×

Valve Amplifiers Only. No Hybrids / Valve pre-amps..

VTypeV4

3 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Well worth it if you ask me 😀

THought the store was ‘just at the end of this street’ until I got to the end of that street and realized it was another street away...too late to turn back to my car. My back felt it . 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Having never owned anything with more valves than a single ax7 in the preamp I have just aquired this Laney guitar head. 

It was originally a VC100 2x12 combo but has been professionally converted to a head by its previous owner at some point in its life. 

It'll now be providing the highs and the drive in this bi-amp setup. Purchase of a crossover is currently pending but I've given it a trial run at low volume with the bass cut on it to protect the guitar cab speakers and it sounded awesome combined with the low end being provided from the Ashdown head & Aguilar cabs. 

IMG_20190310_162228.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Painy said:

Having never owned anything with more valves than a single ax7 in the preamp I have just aquired this Laney guitar head. 

It was originally a VC100 2x12 combo but has been professionally converted to a head by its previous owner at some point in its life. 

It'll now be providing the highs and the drive in this bi-amp setup. Purchase of a crossover is currently pending but I've given it a trial run at low volume with the bass cut on it to protect the guitar cab speakers and it sounded awesome combined with the low end being provided from the Ashdown head & Aguilar cabs. 

IMG_20190310_162228.jpg

Did you try running the valve head into the bass cabinets, you might be surprised at how much low end you'd get.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Quilly said:

Did you try running the valve head into the bass cabinets, you might be surprised at how much low end you'd get.

I haven't tried it yet but I do plan to. It would be nice to have the option of a smaller setup available using the valve head rather than the Ashdown. 

It does have a massive toroidal transformer in it so I'm hoping it might be capable of some reasonable lows. 

3 minutes ago, Painy said:

I haven't tried it yet but I do plan to. It would be nice to have the option of a smaller setup available using the valve head rather than the Ashdown. 

It does have a massive toroidal transformer in it so I'm hoping it might be capable of some reasonable lows. 

See my thread above, I bought a 50W Carlsbro Evo guitar amp a few months back, no modification. Bass response from it is good...much better than I expected.    

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...