Why become a member? ×

Hi, I'm new, and stuff.

jessicaRabbit

Well, I just wanted to create an awkward introduction post because, that's how I roll . . .

My name is Jessica. 23-year-old single mother living in the cold arsehole of the world. I used to play bass in academy and was part of a band, just for fun. I own a Westfield (couldn't tell you the model, it's been a while and is currently collecting dust in my attic). Lately I've had the urge to get back into it properly this time so decided to sign up here to talk to you lovely experienced bass players. Inexperienced as well I suppose, I won't discriminate. Anyway. Don't want to make this a novel. Thanks for stopping by and reading if you do :)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1363772012' post='2017193']

There are loads of naughty old women on here! :D
[/quote]

Oi enough of the old!!!!!! I'm still a heck of a lot younger than you matey!!

(Although far older than you Jessica, I'm 39 and started playing the bass last year following an early mid life crisis! LOL!)

[quote name='jessicaRabbit' timestamp='1363763961' post='2017073']
Well, I just wanted to create an awkward introduction post because, that's how I roll . . .

My name is Jessica. 23-year-old single mother living in the cold arsehole of the world. I used to play bass in academy and was part of a band, just for fun. I own a Westfield (couldn't tell you the model, it's been a while and is currently collecting dust in my attic). Lately I've had the urge to get back into it properly this time so decided to sign up here to talk to you lovely experienced bass players. Inexperienced as well I suppose, I won't discriminate. Anyway. Don't want to make this a novel. Thanks for stopping by and reading if you do :)
[/quote]

Hello! :D

Eh, welcome in. Tea? Coffee? Beer? ah, i'll just get you one of each. There's an amp in the corner. :D

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1363772187' post='2017196']
Oi enough of the old!!!!!! I'm still a heck of a lot younger than you matey!!

(Although far older than you Jessica, I'm 39 and started playing the bass last year following an early mid life crisis! LOL!)
[/quote]

Haha! You sound like my kind of woman :lol: Milty I don't drink tea, coffee or beer, lol. I'll just go sit by the amp and sip my water!

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1363775624' post='2017272']
...one of the few websites where 'sandwich' jokes aren't relentlessly hurled at every female in sight.
[/quote]

What are these 'sandwich jokes' of which you speak? Please PM me with an explanation. :huh:[size=4] :happy:[/size]

[quote name='jessicaRabbit' timestamp='1363775099' post='2017260']
Haha! You sound like my kind of woman :lol: Milty I don't drink tea, coffee or beer, lol. I'll just go sit by the amp and sip my water!
[/quote]

Oh, ok... it's just... the water here, well, suffice to say it's safer to drink beer. :D

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1363781399' post='2017432']
Make another post, before somebody makes a joke about your post count! :D
[/quote]

You shouldn't have said that. It might have gone idly by without being noticed :P Thanks for the welcome everybody, this seems like a really friendly site. Tried playing my old bass not long ago and it's so out of tune. Ugh. Feels like I'm starting all over again. Oh well, maybe a new bass, tuner and amp will get the fires going.

Also, Milty, Derren Brown is a legend!

[quote name='jessicaRabbit' timestamp='1363784095' post='2017506']
You shouldn't have said that. It might have gone idly by without being noticed :P Thanks for the welcome everybody, this seems like a really friendly site. Tried playing my old bass not long ago and it's so out of tune. Ugh. Feels like I'm starting all over again. Oh well, maybe a new bass, tuner and amp will get the fires going.

Also, Milty, Derren Brown is a legend!
[/quote]

Too right Derren Brown is a bloody legend! :D