Why become a member? ×

'effects for sale' forum - terms and conditions?

tedmanzie

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1363132859' post='2009172']
If it's any consolation, I can't make it go away either. :D
[/quote]

lol
i understand the idea, it would be nice if it could be turned off once it's read, its quite intrusive?!

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1363211798' post='2009997']READ IT!!! OUT LOUD! Every time you see it![/quote]

That's not going to happen, is it? :)

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1363212625' post='2010018']...a button you can click on to say you've read it, which will stop it coming up again for that particular forum.[/quote]

Good idea - what about a tick box like you get when your online bank shows you ads under the guise of information?

Edited by discreet

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1363215392' post='2010086']
Incidentally, if you let the page fully load after viewing an item, it scrolls itself past the T&Cs area on it's own, or at least it does on my browser.
[/quote]

I'm using Firefox 19.0.2 on Windows 7 , and this doesn't happen for me.

If you HAVE to do this, it would be trivial to set a cookie so that the page is only displayed once.

I don't believe that it's necessary to inconvenience the majority of users in this way to protect a tiny minority who are too lazy to read the Ts and Cs .I've been on t'interweb for a little while now, and this is the first time I've seen a website inflict this kind of treatment on its users.

I still don't understand either why it's necessary to single out the Effects pedal forum for this treatment. If you're going to do this, at least be consistent and apply it to all the For Sale forums.

[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1363425303' post='2012510']
I still don't understand either why it's necessary to single out the Effects pedal forum for this treatment.
[/quote]

I've already explained why we did it to just one forum Pete, and explaining it again isn't going to change the explanation.

[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1363425303' post='2012510']
If you're going to do this, at least be consistent and apply it to all the For Sale forums.
[/quote]

So... you're now telling us to take something that you don't like and to apply it to every forum? :huh: :blink: