Why become a member? ×

Musicman Bongo HH 5 String
£1000

Joshbasscana

For sale is my Musicman HH 5 string Bongo bass. I have owned this since my 18th birthday which is nearly 8 years ago now. My parents wanted to invest into my future of bass playing and my journey with this bass has been one which has been totally unforgettable. Done lots of shows in the UK and abroad with this bass. Supported loads of awesome bands with this bass like Jarvis Cocker, Ash, The Saturdays ;), Utah Saints, Audio Bullys, Delirious? and lots more. In the past year I purchased a Lakland Duck Dunn P Bass which is a dream to play and suits the band that I play now more so because our style has changed a lot over the past few years.

So the Bongo bass has been used less and less. Im HUGE fan of this bass and am very attached to it sentimentally but there is a bigger cause here that I need to support. I am selling for £750.

So, enough of the back story, now the bass. It is well used and has got a bit of wear on the headstock. There is a chip on the main body on the side (I completely decked it at a show!) but is unnoticeable when you actually play it. A light scratch on top part of the body where the arm comes over. The volume knob was knocked at a gig once. When you turn it round, you'll notice the volume knob swivel left and right as you turn it. Its a comestic thing but the volume knob works fine. The pickups have a bit of rust on them but can probably be cleaned up. Comes with the hardcase which is WELL USED and quite battered. Think thats about it really.

I cannot stress how amazing this bass is. The tone is OUT OF THIS WORLD. Session work has come easy because this bass is simply 'plug in and go.' Sound engineers at shows have said on numerous occasions how good it sounds out front. The preamp is sublime. Open it up and it looks like a chuffin computer. Immense.

I dont want to post and really would prefer someone to pick it up.

Please dont hesitate to get in touch. Thanks!

Josh

Edited by Joshbasscana

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...