Why become a member? ×

Iron Maiden brewing a beer

JamesBass

[quote name='SteveO' timestamp='1363119842' post='2008926']
saw a bottle of mötorhead..........WINE! in the off licence last week. not the first alcoholic beverage thing I'd associate with the lemmeister, but there you go.[/quote]

AC/DC supposedly do one too.
Marketing ploy? Shurely shome mishtake! :drinks:

[quote name='SteveO' timestamp='1363119842' post='2008926']
saw a bottle of mötorhead..........WINE! in the off licence last week. not the first alcoholic beverage thing I'd associate with the lemmeister, but there you go.
[/quote]

True. He used to love vodka &orange ;). Can't really be bothered with all this gimmickry now. Guess I'm too old for that .)

Steve Harris bought me a pint of Guiness once - Oh yes , like brothers me and my mate Steve !!

If it's Iron Maiden beer I expect it'll pretend to be heavier than it is , be consistently average , cost more than it's worth and already be past it's sell by date.

[quote name='Dr.Dave' timestamp='1363162158' post='2009296']
If it's Iron Maiden beer I expect it'll pretend to be heavier than it is , be consistently average , cost more than it's worth and already be past it's sell by date.
[/quote]

I'm trying to envisage whether he would buy you another pint for having the bottle to say this to his face or whether he'd tell you to sod off. In my head he would laugh and order you another Guiness :lol:

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1363162828' post='2009306']
I'm trying to envisage whether he would buy you another pint for having the bottle to say this to his face or whether he'd tell you to sod off. In my head he would laugh and order you another Guiness :lol:
[/quote]

Seriously - The first time I saw I M , Steve sang because their singer at the time , Paul Dianno , had a bad throat. When I met Steve after a gig at which Paul sang a couple of months later I told him they should get rid of him because he (Steve) had done a better job and that they were sh*te with Paul.

The look he gave Dave Murray and some mangement bloke with them tells me this was not news to the band.

Steve Harris bought me a pint of Guiness once - Oh yes , like brothers me and my mate Steve !!

[/quote]

Thanks I enjoyed that Dave :)

I have brewed my own beer at home now for a number of years. Homebrewing has moved on a lot since the old days, you can order all the ingredients you could ever wish for at the click of a mouse.
I can brew beer to my own preference with flavour and Alcohol % etc. The bonus is it works out very cheap, just over €1 a litre, knocks the socks off most supermarket beers and would give most craft breweries a run for their money, plus it's great fun to do.
Recommend it :)

If it's Iron Maiden beer I expect it'll pretend to be heavier than it is , [b]be consistently average ,[/b] cost more than it's worth and already be past it's sell by date.
[/quote]

Well, it is being brewed by Robinson's. Apart from a couple of notable exceptions (Old Tom and its variants), I've always been a little nonplussed by their output...

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1363164292' post='2009327']
Soemone I know did a gig with Paul Dianno years after his IM days. He said he saw a roadie lacing him into a corset minutes before going on. :(
[/quote]

That wasn't Paul Dianno - that was me !

Similar to Dave, O met imaiden years ago.
It was my very 1st gig, at the music machine(now koko). My friends saw maiden , and we chatted to them. The guys have me some of their beer.(I was underage ) . Smashing fellas.
Didn't see them that night I saw praying mantis , Girl ( their 1 st gig) and Quartz.
Ozzy was spotted backstage.
Saw maiden for the first time then. Only Dave Murray on guitar.

[quote name='thumbo' timestamp='1363194112' post='2009578']
Robinson brewery make an Elbow flavoured ale too [url="http://www.elbowbeer.co.uk/about/#"]http://www.elbowbeer.co.uk/about/#[/url]
[/quote]

I couldn't tell it from the Arse flavoured ale.