Why become a member? ×

Left Handed Discussion Thread

icastle

[quote name='sblueplanet' timestamp='1396387314' post='2413110']
A lot of things have changed since the stricter forum rules for everyone so to single out lefties as 'abusers' is bizarre.
[/quote]

I did not 'single out lefties as abusers', those are your words, not mine.
The thread had been abused and it was removed in the same way that any other thread on here would be.

I was one of a few asking for a new lefty thread at the time and why not?
[/quote]

And as I have already said, we were already working on it.

I wonder if a dedicated thread would still be up for discussion if Sir Paul McCartney were to become a member? Haha.
[/quote]

Yes it would.
We do not have the resources to just create forums on demand.

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1396388313' post='2413128']
In what way was the thread being abused? ?
[/quote]

From recollection, it was full of sales ads - something that we don't tolerate in other threads.
As I said earlier, I did try and move the non sales threads into a 'clean' thread, but it was taking ages and made the whole thing nonsensical.

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1396388313' post='2413128']
And wouldn't a standalone section containing separate threads be easier to manage and protect from abuse, whatever that may be? Why not try creating this new subforum, seeing that the lefty minority is requesting one.
[/quote]

That's not my call.

If non-paid-for ads aren't tolerated elsewhere on the forum, any ads appearing in the new section would be deleted in the same way as anywhere else.
I'd love whoever call it is to create a new subforum to listen to the membership's wishes in this case. It shouldn't require any change in the software, the same way as creating the subforums in the Gigs and Recording forums didn't need an interface tweak, as far as I know.

There's a whole GuitarChat section on this bass forum site. A lefty section would be just as busy given time.

Im not going to mention this subject again though as people are trying to talk about other things and its getting all mixed up as there's no other place to post lefty stuff.......

Edited by sblueplanet

[quote name='migle20' timestamp='1396778327' post='2417139']
Hey guys, I'm having a major issue trying to replace my lefty p bass pickguard d'oh

Anyone have any leads?
[/quote]
Quickest solution would be to contact member The Bass Doc on here. He can use your existing pickguard as a template to make a new one in a colour, ply type of your choosing at a very reasonable price.

[quote name='mcarp555' timestamp='1397123667' post='2420826']
I have my doubts that any small distance after the nut makes any meaningful contribution. I can't tell from the photo if he's using a string tree, which would almost negate any supposed benefit.
[/quote]

Stop spoiling our fun! :)

• 2 months later...

Heads up!
There's an accomplished upright bassist from France looking to borrow a leftie double bass for an upcoming jazz gig in London this September.
If anyone can help him out he has posted in the EUB & Double Bass section. His name is Chris Jennings.
Cheers.