Why become a member? ×

Baer ML112

hamfist

[quote name='monsterthompson' timestamp='1410388503' post='2549037']
Yeah. The TB crew loves these cabs. I found they didn't work well with the amp and bass I had at the time (Mesa M6 and Dingwall ABZ5) and got too bright and snarly. I certainly liked the form and weight. If I hadn't committed myself to the Barefaced path, they would be on my short list. I was anxious to try the ML115, but that wasn't in my cards either. I do think the quality is good, and they certainly hit the sweet spot for many players. Mr. B is also the kind of guy you like to support.
[/quote]

The M6 is possibly one of the worst pairings with that cab!

+ 1 on rolling back the tone a little with these cabs. It works so well It ruined tweeter cabs for me. I've used my ML12 with various mesa amps, ampeg amps, fender amps but right now with an old Crest CA6 power amp I got for £120 and a rackmount tech 21 VTRM it easily the best set up I've had. Probably not everyone's cup of tea but I love it.

Found the Talkbass quote where Roger talks about the changes for Series II:

'I think the ML112 is a pretty unique cab, so we tried to focus on improving the performance of the cab without changing the tone too much. Basically, here’s what we did with the Series II design:

Decreased depth front to back to 16” deep
Redesigned crossover, built with higher quality components
Larger ports for better airflow
Eminence did some modifications to the woofer that gave us about a 25% increase in low end power handling capability.

All in all, the cab sounds very similar to the old model, but I think it sounds a bit smoother and sweeter in the upper mids with more punch in the low end. It handles bass boost better and the very top end sounds a hair more bright and crisp due to the slightly reduced upper mid response. I think the cab just sounds like a little better, more refined version of what it was.'

Edited by funkle

[quote name='funkle' timestamp='1410372291' post='2548728']
I see that the Series II ML112 cabs are coming out soon. Roger is quoted on Talkbass as having made a few changes to the cabinet to incrementally improve it further. I'm definitely interested...though I need more cabs like I need a hole in the head.
[/quote]

Hoping to have some ML112 Series II cabs heading to Bass Direct in the near future.

Edited by R Baer