Why become a member? ×

What is the worst thing about music?

leadubblebass

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1362690471' post='2003521']
That's the one that gets me! And it's [i]never [/i]Mozart, is it? What really gets on my tits is the perpetrator's assumption that he (it's always a 'he') obviously has much better taste in music than you do - therefore it's [i]not [/i]noise pollution - he's actually doing you a favour!
[/quote]

Dropping the other half off at the station the other morning & there was an old guy, well into pension age going past, windows down with Radio 4's Today programme hammering out at full tilt.
It's not just them young 'uns that get down wiv da 'hood ...... word ....... innit?

That's the one that gets me! And it's [i]never [/i]Mozart, is it? What really gets on my tits is the perpetrator's assumption that he (it's always a 'he') obviously has much better taste in music than you do - therefore it's [i]not [/i]noise pollution - he's actually doing you a favour!
[/quote]

Mind you, it does raise a smile when it is some mid life crisis playing something they think is very hip and failing catastrophically - I had a guy in my street with a Jeep and he would pull up with stuff like Supertramp or Toto blasting away - not very street!

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1362690654' post='2003530']
Dropping the other half off at the station the other morning & there was an old guy, well into pension age going past, windows down with Radio 4's Today programme hammering out at full tilt.
It's not just them young 'uns that get down wiv da 'hood ...... word ....... innit?
[/quote]

Give him a break, he was probably stone deaf!!

[/quote]

I once drove around Dublin in my mums Ford Galaxy after a RHCP gig, blaring RHCP songs with the windows down while yelling "THE CHILI'S!" at all the people standing outside pubs listening to RHCP on the jukebox.

That was a brilliant night.

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1362690744' post='2003531']
Mind you, it does raise a smile when it is some mid life crisis playing something they think is very hip and failing catastrophically - I had a guy in my street with a Jeep and he would pull up with stuff like Supertramp or Toto blasting away - not very street!
[/quote]

Or Westlife :mellow: