Why become a member? ×

Any love for spector euro-lx

Basszilla

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1370013657' post='2095576']
This is the particular bass... [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/207063-spector-euro-4lx-natural-finish-for-trade/page__p__2090017__hl__spector__fromsearch__1#entry2090017"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/207063-spector-euro-4lx-natural-finish-for-trade/page__p__2090017__hl__spector__fromsearch__1#entry2090017[/url]
[/quote]

That looks like a pre LX Spector Euro to me. Probably one of of the last before they switched to the newer model.
If its a Wimbish, it'll say so on the back of the headstock.
The LX has a walnut layer running through the body and also has the adjustable trimpot Tonepump circuit.
Theres a link here
http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/spector-euro-euro-lx-differences-347619/
have a look at the second post.

Edited by Mudpup

[quote name='Mudpup' timestamp='1370084424' post='2096290']
The LX has a walnut layer running through the body and also has the adjustable trimpot Tonepump circuit.[/quote]

Well, now I'm really confused as my new bass has the walnut layer but lacks the tonepump trimpot!!! :blink: :D

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1370123974' post='2096815']
Well, now I'm really confused as my new bass has the walnut layer but lacks the tonepump trimpot!!! :blink: :D
[/quote]
I can't see any walnut layer on the pictures of the bass in the link you posted.

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1370124458' post='2096823']
I can't see any walnut layer on the pictures of the bass in the link you posted.
[/quote]

That's true. But on the actual bass it is there. Will post pics tomorrow after band rehearsals (been playing cricket today!) :)

[quote name='Basszilla' timestamp='1362462026' post='2000021']
It's the scorpion of basses. Plently of sting in the tail :-)

When i get the mixes back ill upload some hip hop sessions i've not long done with my spector.

Gotta love that emg p pup solo'd. Phat richness
[/quote]

Did I miss the uploadS?

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1370952913' post='2107810']
How are getting on with it?
[/quote]

I am definitely "growing into it" B) Some great tones in there, and really easy to play! The neck still feels very long, but more practice will solve that. First full band rehearsal with it tomorrow night so will be able to put it through its paces properly then :D

Still a bit confused over exactly which model it is though... with the presence of the walnut layer but the absence of the tonepump trim pot! :rolleyes: Never mind, its a great bass whatever it is!

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1370953692' post='2107833']
Still a bit confused over exactly which model it is though... with the presence of the walnut layer but the absence of the tonepump trim pot! :rolleyes: Never mind, its a great bass whatever it is!
[/quote]
Maybe it's some kind of "Transition" model.
Might be worth emailing Spector, their customer services are pretty good by all accounts.

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1370954148' post='2107853']
Maybe it's some kind of "Transition" model.
Might be worth emailing Spector, their customer services are pretty good by all accounts.
[/quote]

Yep email PJ Rubal at Spector - he's really helpful
Here's his address below

[email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]

PJ very helpful! As for the playability, if you are used to more Fenderish design they may take a wee bit getting used to (ergonomics and neck etc,) but not too bad - certainly not as much as say a Warwick Thumb. Sound wise I find them easy to move quickly from fingerstyle burp to a kller slap tone via the pups - so should be right up your street Conan! :D

[quote name='Ziphoblat' timestamp='1371052905' post='2109206']
Have you dealt with them all? :ph34r:
[/quote]

I've never had the occasion to speak to anything Musicman related as I've never had one of their basses. Other than that...

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1371105452' post='2109760']
I've never had the occasion to speak to anything Musicman related as I've never had one of their basses. Other than that...
[/quote]

Well I can't see Musicman making a claim to that based on my experience. :)

[quote name='Ziphoblat' timestamp='1371108301' post='2109786']
Well I can't see Musicman making a claim to that based on my experience. :)
[/quote]

:D

On a serious note (and apologies for the thread mini hijack) but in the current climate you think companies would be doing there utmost to support customers - not that they shouldn't do this all the time. I forget the stats, but I think we typically tell 7 times more people of bad experiences compared to good ones. Is that 'cause we're British and love a good moan?

Edited by ead

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1371109891' post='2109802']
I forget the stats, but I think we typically tell 7 times more people of bad experiences compared to good ones. Is that 'cause we're British and love a good moan?
[/quote]
I think some of it is being British, but largely it's just that if you have a bad experience about something it winds you up & you feel the need to let off steam about it.
If you look at these online review sites for restaurants etc. they're nearly all bad reviews, few people take the time to praise good service which is a real shame.

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1371124484' post='2110066']
If you look at these online review sites for restaurants etc. they're nearly all bad reviews, few people take the time to praise good service which is a real shame.
[/quote]

Hear hear! :(