Why become a member? ×

War & Peace Part 2

niceguyhomer

...continued

Then...I went to the Bash and made the mistake of trying PaulC's Bongo - it was love at first pluck. When he put it up for sale a few weeks later, I bit his hand off...

When I picked it up, I saw this on a stand in Paul's living room and bought that too...

Should've hung on to the Bongos - brilliant basses, very versatile and they sound fantastic....but I always wanted a USA Lakland and I swapped the two of 'em for this droolsome beauty - a USA 4-94

...but I was petrified of scratching it and got nervous anytime anyone went near it, which is daft. This was a breathtaking instrument in every respect but it was too good for a goomah like me. So I sold it and bought two Lakland Jo5s on the proceeds thinking I could still play 5ers. These were lovely basses.

I quickly learned that I wasn't comfortable singing and playing a 5 at the same time so I sold them and went back to basics - a USA Jazz followed

...and an '83 Precision.

....but I got pain in my hand/arm when I played the Jazz with its skinny neck and the other lads in the band didn't like the sound of the P, so I sold both of 'em. Using the proceeds I bought two basses that I really love playing and they do the job beautifully. These are the basses that I'm currently using, they've been in my possession longer than any other basses I've owned and I haven't had a GAS attack since I got them.

See Part 3.

Edited by niceguyhomer

[quote name='acidbass' post='21471' date='Jun 21 2007, 05:05 PM']Wow, that Jazz is superb![/quote]

I know! hehe... :huh:

It's almost like reading a great saga looking at all your basses. At least you had a lot of fun getting there. :)

Edited by s_u_y_*