Why become a member? ×

The Cookie Monster covers Rush

wateroftyne

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1361877153' post='1992182']
I'm not saying I like it but if it was a perfect reproduction of the original we would all be moaning that it was a 'pointless cover' and that the band should have put more of their own spin on it. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. It just happens that their spin on it comes with vocals that are in a very particular style that appeals to a niche market. I think an earlier post has a point though that it does seem to be a poor mismatch in that the musical backing is close to the original which makes the vocal overlay that much more jarring. Perhaps a more OTT metal backing as well might have actually worked better, dunno.
[/quote]

Thanks! You have just saved me a lot of typing! Couldn't agree more! B)

The other issue with the dying dog vocals, what are the names of the bands playing. Can't read most of yhe band names . I imagine a lot of fans would walk past the posters as they wouldn't be able to see who is performing. Either that , or they'll watch a different band by mistake.

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1361878319' post='1992216']
[sub]My old cookie monster band - a bit different to All The Queens Ravens![/sub]

[sub][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uI3OsjAAIc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uI3OsjAAIc[/url][/sub]
[/quote]

You look too polite for that band. A bit like that bloke out of the moody blues (sorry)

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1361906256' post='1992909']
You look too polite for that band. A bit like that bloke out of the moody blues (sorry)
[/quote]
Maybe thats why I play double bass in a "gypsy pop" band full of ... ahem ... not-unattractive women now :lol:

[attachment=128585:304737_481791265166343_151891584_n.jpg]

Musically good, vocals ridiculous - not because of the vocal style (although it was a bit much for the music) but the fact that the vocalist is utterly inept and unable to pull it off. It's a very difficult vocal style to do well and not end up risible. But, because it's extreme and difficult to understand, it's very easy to poke fun at.

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1362102220' post='1995968']
Musically good, vocals ridiculous - not because of the vocal style (although it was a bit much for the music) but the fact that the vocalist is utterly inept and unable to pull it off. It's a very difficult vocal style to do well and not end up risible. But, because it's extreme and difficult to understand, it's very easy to poke fun at.
[/quote]

Couldn't agree more and I'm a Ministry and White Zombie fan.