Why become a member? ×

Marketplace Subscriptions

Hamster

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1363202032' post='2009786']
I`ve paid my £20, but posted an item for sale yesterday, and although it was shown on the front page, not only could I then not get into it, it doesn`t appear on the for sale listings either. Bah.
[/quote]

Hm that's strange, can you PM me more details and I'll check it out

[quote name='sblueplanet' timestamp='1363194634' post='2009592']
Can you pay subscription by PayPal? Does this only happen when you plan to sell something?
[/quote]

Paypal yes and I paid when I wasn't listing something so yes, you can pay anytime :-)

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1363202032' post='2009786']
I`ve paid my £20, but posted an item for sale yesterday, and although it was shown on the front page, not only could I then not get into it, it doesn`t appear on the for sale listings either. Bah.
[/quote]

That is odd. There's no trace of an unapproved or deleted thread made by you. Did you post the ad and then pay - if so how long was it before you paid?

Ta

Minor oddness.

When I go into FX for sale, the Marketplace T&C's appear as a huge post, immediately above the pinned threads. This does not occur when 'penetrating' some of the other sale mktplc sub-forums.

This development might well cause distress to the young, the vulnerable and the elderly. Please address this or I shall be forced to instruct my solicitors.

[quote name='fumps' timestamp='1363273568' post='2010838']
Dumb question alert:

Is there a clear "For Dummies" procedure for placing ads & paying subscription fee's I have an ad to place but are unsure if i pay first then place my add....how does it work I'm a little confuddled :sad:
[/quote]

Just go to post as normal and all will become clear :)

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1363273125' post='2010828']
Minor oddness.

When I go into FX for sale, the Marketplace T&C's appear as a huge post, immediately above the pinned threads. This does not occur when 'penetrating' some of the other sale mktplc sub-forums.

This development might well cause distress to the young, the vulnerable and the elderly. Please address this or I shall be forced to instruct my solicitors.
[/quote]

The first time I saw it my immediate reaction was that I'd accidentally pressed the Self Destruct button here at mission control. :)

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1363273125' post='2010828']
Minor oddness.

[/quote]

I did that as a test to see if it would help raise awareness of the new subscription based marketplace and the necessary changes in the T&C's.

Well spotted Sir!

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1363291119' post='2011225']
Just completed a subscription payment via my phone, without beinga member to paypal, while posting a new thread, after paying I had to re-trype my whole for sale thread again, then the subscription message came up again.

I used a different email though, [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]
[/quote]

Hi,

Yes you should always make sure you're logged in when paying, and probably best not to do it via a mobile for the time being. Want a refund? PM me if so, then try the post again from a computer.

Cheers

Funny thing, the 'why aren't basschatters donating more?' and 'why so many user with 0 posts?' etc... I was under the impression, via word of mouth, that Basschat was the place to come for friendly 'basschat', however in the short time I've been here I have witnessed some 'ugly' threads where people have virtually lynched people, for instance the thread where the MM guy didn't receive the bass he wanted in the time frame he wanted. Online bullying you could call it! Infact didn't the OP cancel his membership for a while? I would use correct paragraphs here but the simple art of pressing the RETURN key doesn't actually work :) I actually asked for some advice about selling a bass yesterday, which was met with sarcasm by one 'established' poster, presumably because my post count is under 1000. And a new 1 month old post about aggressive behaviour from members... hmmm! Anyway, since I'm still a newbie despite trying to contribute to a "tough audience" because I don't have all day everyday to mess about on the internet, is there any chance you could delete my account and when I have stuff to sell, I'll do it locally or via ebay instead of this 'site'? Ta...p.s. why does the return key not work on a forum using it's users to generate revenue?

[quote name='mbellishment' timestamp='1363397525' post='2012394']
Funny thing, the 'why aren't basschatters donating more?' and 'why so many user with 0 posts?' etc... I was under the impression, via word of mouth, that Basschat was the place to come for friendly 'basschat', however in the short time I've been here I have witnessed some 'ugly' threads where people have virtually lynched people, for instance the thread where the MM guy didn't receive the bass he wanted in the time frame he wanted. Online bullying you could call it! Infact didn't the OP cancel his membership for a while? I would use correct paragraphs here but the simple art of pressing the RETURN key doesn't actually work :) I actually asked for some advice about selling a bass yesterday, which was met with sarcasm by one 'established' poster, presumably because my post count is under 1000. And a new 1 month old post about aggressive behaviour from members... hmmm! Anyway, since I'm still a newbie despite trying to contribute to a "tough audience" because I don't have all day everyday to mess about on the internet, is there any chance you could delete my account and when I have stuff to sell, I'll do it locally or via ebay instead of this 'site'? Ta...p.s. why does the return key not work on a forum using it's users to generate revenue?
[/quote]

BassChat is one of the busiest bass forums on the internet.

As in 'real life' you're going to get a mixture of different personalities here, some friendly and, to be perfectly frank, some right miserable so and so's.

We have a number of Moderators who scan the vast number of threads that are posted every day and if we see any online bullying or general nastiness, we stamp on it straight away.
We take a hard line on this sort of behaviour and certain individuals have been permanently barred from BassChat because of their behaviour over the last few weeks.

I've said it several times before over the last few months, but it never hurts to remind people:

[b]If you see or experience behaviour that you find offensive, racist, sexist or just plain antagonistic, then click on the Report button and tell us about it![/b]

We see literally thousands of messages every day of every week, and it's pretty much impossible to stay on top of everything without BC members helping us.

On the whole, I have to say that the BC crowd are a friendly bunch and I'm genuinely sorry that your experiences here on BC so far haven't reflected that.

I'm sure if you stay with us a little longer you'll see the side of BC that makes me proud to be a part of it. :)

I've also been a little lax in the past in donating to the site (think I've only done it once and offered something in exchange for a donation) but I'm all for a subscription to list items for sale. In fact, have already done so.

I'm curious as to how the pricing structure was arrived at and sorry if this has already been explained but it's a very long thread and it's not something you can easily search for. If someone could point me to where something like that is, I'd appreciate it.

The £49.99 free limit is fair enough but the £7 fee for something sold at £50 is 14% of that price, which seems a little high, insofar as that percentage seems prohibitive to those who want to sell mid-prices items. I can certainly understand wanting to keep the pricing simple and to encourage the subscription. Personally, I think a lower one-off fee, a higher free limit or even 2 levels of one-off payments would work better. Don't know how feasible any of that is.