Why become a member? ×

Marketplace Subscriptions

Hamster

Ped , just a quicky , but worth mentioning as it caused a ruck of headaches on another forum I used to use , at it might be me , but..

Have we actually signed up for a renewing subscription that will come out every year?

It currently doesn't bother me if I have , but , if someone gets taken by surprise this time next year it will cause mayhem if it causes umbrage and they request a refund etc etc

It is definately worth knocking the subscription idea on the head and making sure those signed up get it altered , then generate an auto renewal reminder , it will help keep it cleaner .

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1362825323' post='2005209']
Ped , just a quicky , but worth mentioning as it caused a ruck of headaches on another forum I used to use , at it might be me , but..

Have we actually signed up for a renewing subscription that will come out every year?

It currently doesn't bother me if I have , but , if someone gets taken by surprise this time next year it will cause mayhem if it causes umbrage and they request a refund etc etc

It is definately worth knocking the subscription idea on the head and making sure those signed up get it altered , then generate an auto renewal reminder , it will help keep it cleaner .
[/quote]

Hi, thanks for this - I believe it's simply a years access and after a year you'll simply pay again if inclined to. I'll double check though, thanks.

Its Ok I checked my account and it is a one off payment not a 'subscription' all is OK .

The wording on the receipt got me interested as the product type stated ' subscription : yearly ' but I guess that is how you have described the payment , and not the application of the Paypal subscription repeat pay method .

scare over , sorry to have put you out.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1362944501' post='2006581']
Is it now necessary to subscribe to view certain items, or is it a glitch, or what? :)
[/quote]

No subscriptions are need to view items - PM me the details of the item you're getting this message for and I'll see if I can work out what's gone amiss. :)

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1362944501' post='2006581']
There are various items for sale which when I try to view them, I get this: [#10340 You do not have permission to view this topic.] Is it now necessary to subscribe to view certain items, or is it a glitch, or what? :)
[/quote]

It's the new GAS control system. It kicks in when BC senses compulsive spending urges.

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1362944863' post='2006592']

No subscriptions are need to view items - PM me the details of the item you're getting this message for and I'll see if I can work out what's gone amiss. :)
[/quote]

It's a bug. :)

I'll pass it back to Ped so he can get the development fella to get it fixed.

[quote name='Jigster' timestamp='1362945578' post='2006611']
Can you confirm your policy re 36 hour restriction on bumping in lieu of BCers now paying £7 for an ad?
[/quote]

The same rule still applies.

It was put in place to prevent people from artificially moving their listing to the top of the pile and gaining an unfair advantage.

sure - altho [size=4]I'm hard pressed to think what markets have rules, the absence of which lead to chaos - stockmarket, fruit, vegetable market etc - the only abiding rule seems to be the rule of investment - which you'd tend NOT to make unless you're assured of getting the best out of your investment.[/size]

[size=4] [/size][size=4]I'm being very pedantic, and I did say 'Ok', cos no one bass player is bigger than BC [/size][size=4] [/size][size=4] :P[/size]

[quote name='Jigster' timestamp='1362949104' post='2006685']
I did say 'Ok', cos no one bass player is bigger than BC :P
[/quote]

I'm smaller than most topics! :D

The thing is that we try to run BassChat in a way that the vast majority of people like, a considered consensus if you like.

Within reason, we try to give people what they want - the left handed bassists wanted a specific forum for them to advertise basses in - they're getting it, members wanted to be able to sell non musical stuff here on BC - it's coming.

The bump rule was bought in after complaints from members and a quick search through the forums show that it has been discussed quite a few times over the years, the consensus still considers it to be a good thing. :)