Why become a member? ×

Marketplace Subscriptions

Hamster

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1365082864' post='2035015']

I mean, who honestly has 10 or more old Trace amps, one a week or so, and sells them on here. They were bought for profit purposes only, (I use this as an example).
[/quote]

In fairness can you imagine if Sibob decided to sell his OC2's :lol:

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1365085725' post='2035096']
In fairness can you imagine if Sibob decided to sell his OC2's :lol:
[/quote]
Oh I agree, there are genuine sellers on here. I've just noticed, (with being an ultra cautious buyer) that there were a few sellers who didn't seem so 'genuine'.

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1365092000' post='2035237']

Oh I agree, there are genuine sellers on here. I've just noticed, (with being an ultra cautious buyer) that there were a few sellers who didn't seem so 'genuine'.
[/quote]

Well any report is is closely scrutinised so if you have any concerns thats your best bet :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have no problem with the fee, I'm a gear tart who is never happy, bit of a game really :lol: . One unexpected side issue now is this. If I saw something on FEEBay that was nice bass, that our members would like a look at, I would contact the FEEBayer, inform them about Basschat, and tell them to join and put their bass up on here, free. I have probably introduced 15/20 new members that way. I can't do that now as they would obviously have to pay at least £7. There is a cracking Yam Att Special on there at the moment. He knows little about it. I have given him some info, however, I haven't recommended he put it on BC.

• 5 months later...

I'm possibly being a bit thick here: my excuse is that I was on a sabbatical from BC when the marketplace rules changed. I (of course) love BC, and also want to "thin out" the collection... but how do I "subscribe"? I don't want to dive in with listings and run up a bill of ad-hoc listing fees.

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1380296625' post='2223467']
I'm possibly being a bit thick here: my excuse is that I was on a sabbatical from BC when the marketplace rules changed. I (of course) love BC, and also want to "thin out" the collection... but how do I "subscribe"? I don't want to dive in with listings and run up a bill of ad-hoc listing fees.
[/quote] click the support basschat tab at the top of the page under the banner and all will become clear....

I've just subbed! :) woo
but - can we put sales listings in our sigs? I remember it was against the rules, but folk still do it....

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1380298095' post='2223501']
but - can we put sales listings in our sigs? I remember it was against the rules, but folk still do it....
[/quote]

Putting a link to your advert is fine, no problem there at all.

Listing stuff you haven't advertised isn't.

Linking to items on Gumtree\Ebay etc. isn't either.

HTH :)

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1380300673' post='2223553']

[/quote] cool - thought I should ask :D

I think the value I/we all get from this community is worth well more than £20 a year.

I have bought, sold and traded many an item, I have donated in the past and bought a polo shirt and lanyard.

This does not put me off one iota, if anything I am really glad that steps have been taken to ensure the site remains.

Cheers guys for all of your hard work and for keeping it all going.

Edited by teamcoy

[/quote]

http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=rules&f=19

Am I being dumb? But I'm sure it says here under section 8 that linking to sale threads is against the rules. I even had my links removed from my signature by a moderator.

So what's that about?
It appears most of the mod team don't read the rules, but expect others too.

Colour me annoyed some.

Edited by Prime_BASS

[/quote]

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1380431808' post='2225093']
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=rules&f=19"]http://basschat.co.u...tion=rules&f=19[/url]

Am I being dumb? But I'm sure it says here under section 8 that linking to sale threads is against the rules. I even had my links removed from my signature by a moderator.

So what's that about?
It appears most of the mod team don't read the rules, but expect others too.

Colour me annoyed some.
[/quote]

I have been in the same boat as Ste here, and the rules listed on the forum do contradict whats being said here. Can we get a clarification, and if needed, update to the marketplace ruling over this?

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1380717317' post='2229408']
I have been in the same boat as Ste here, and the rules listed on the forum do contradict whats being said here. Can we get a clarification, and if needed, update to the marketplace ruling over this?
[/quote]

I've already asked for clarification, as soon as I get it I'll report back.

Bearing in mind that none of us are professional rule writers we do the best we can and with best intentions. Sometimes a situation like this occurs where a practice develops which breaks the rules, but seems entirely reasonable - posting a link to an item you have advertised on the website within the guidelines within a signature.

It seems common sense to adjust the rule - which I'll do now :)

Thanks for raising awareness of the issue!