Why become a member? ×

Good headphones for jogging.....

the boy

[quote name='The Dark Lord' timestamp='1361909662' post='1992984']
This is what you want:

http://www.oakley.com/products/5217/21939

Stick iPod in pocket, put these on, pound them pavements.
[/quote]
Wow, they are £250 on eBay. They would Be perfect if not so dear.

Edited by the boy

Have an earphone issue, thought I'd add it to this thread rather then start a new one:

With my last couple of sets (Sennheiser around the £20/30 mark) after a year or so I lose sound in one of the earphones. Think it's a broken connection at the plug end, as moving this bit can get intermittent sound. I guess that part does get put under stress of bending and twisting, but I don't treat them badly. Any suggestions for earphones that are a bit more robust? Or some way to stop this happening?

Cheers.

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1361913773' post='1993094']
Have you used them? Are they good?
[/quote]
I have tried a pair because i was lusting after a pair a while back. but then I was someone with a pair on & they looked like a right numpty in them & they put me off completely.
Dog the Bounty hunter wears them.

[quote name='neil_d' timestamp='1361967179' post='1993686']
Any suggestions for earphones that are a bit more robust? Or some way to stop this happening?
[/quote]

Dunno about glueing the Q on this thread. Seeing as this thread probably is seen as in its last hours and soon to die, a new thread might give you more response.

Anyway, I think this:
It's all as you describe and, very roughly and IMhO only, the main culprit is the length of the plug's bend protection (dunno the word, but you get the gist). The more advanced and longer, the better it will take care of this, effectively augmenting the bend's radius and thus reducing the "metal fatigue" effect.
But you knew that.
So to stop this happening, you could change the protector with, for example, fluid rubber or carefully cut and applied bits of tape, avoiding any abrupt strength changes in your solution's construction.
IME, Sennheisers have got this aspect covered, but admittedly at a higher price. My cheapest was £99, and I don't think I could say it lasts 3 to 5 times longer. Best one in my "collection" is a very expensive Shure that has served me almost daily for seven years now, whereas a cheap Logitech with less use and only at home, gave up after half a year.

[quote name='fumps' timestamp='1361968031' post='1993705']
Dog the Bounty hunter wears them.
[/quote]

You just cost me £250, mate! ;)

best,
bert

Edited by BassTractor

You do that, but maybe don't do it in Off Topic.
This is music gear related, and can be put several places, one of them being the much used General Discussion (which is for music related stuff that finds no place in the special sections).
You decide, of course.

best,
bert

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1361913773' post='1993094']
Have you used them? Are they good?
[/quote]

I had a pair of Oakley Thumps for a long time. Those are the other ones they do (with an in-built MP3 player). I used to use them on middle distance training runs like 5 and 10Ks. Brilliant they were. I haven't tried the bluetooth ones - but guess they's be as good as the thumps but more versatile.