Why become a member? ×

Bon jovi , or Def Leppard...which is more painful ?

In previous bands I covered You Give Love A Bad Name and Wanted Dead Or Alive (where I could also do the intro wind sounds and basic keyboard bits with midi pedals, went down very well) and in another we did DL's cover of Sweet's 'Action'. Quite enjoyed doing them from what I recall, it was 6 or 7 years ago.

[quote name='redroque' timestamp='1361277856' post='1983705']
Both great bands in their time and liked by people at the time. As you are obviously all (most) under 25 and were not born when On Through the Night and New Jersey came out, you are clearly well qualified to throw ridicule at music your Dads listened to.
In 15 yrs time, remember your attitude when your children laugh at the old man tripe you are currently listening to

And ducks :D

Too close to 50 to call :) and toured in the 80's with as much hair as I could muster.
Thank goodness these days I can save a fortune in gel and spray :)

Saw Bon Jovi at Hard Rock Calling last year ( I think ) and they are headlining at the Isle of Wight festival .
[/quote]

I saw Bon Jovi at Hard Rock Calling a few years ago and thoroughly enjoyed the show , great audience interaction which the American bands seem to have in bucket loads .
Bon Jovi is head lining the Isle of Wight festival , so they must be doing something right .
I 'll vote Bon Jovi as the better band , I have never seen so many guitar changes in a gig as much as Ritchie Sambora , pure gearstalker heaven .

Edited by martin8708

[quote name='Elvis Valentine' timestamp='1361285480' post='1983898']
Both appalling bands imho.
I would say Bon Jovi are better purely on the strength of the fact that they did the soundtrack to Young Guns 2 .
[/quote]

Not true. Jon Bongiovi did it, not the band. Technicality ;) (yes I'm a pedant....)