Why become a member? ×

Fuzzrocious Pedals appreciation

Sibob

[quote name='PauBass' timestamp='1365929413' post='2045980']
As said before, I like to have control over the amount of clean and blend to taste.
[/quote]

Yeah man, I would too, if I get a fancy custom one (which I would love to do) I'll definitely be getting a clean blend! Better having it that not anyway - you can always set it 100% wet.

Meant to say in the last post I've seen them on a few others so he does do them :)

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1366029152' post='2047412']
From Joe's or direct?
Feedback switch?

Si
[/quote]

Direct from Fuzzrocious. The toggle is for germanium and 4001 diodes and the second foot switch is for oscillation. I've not had a proper loud go with it yet but my first impression is that it sounds big! I'm glad I went for the diodes as they offer some really nice alternative characteristics to the pedal from old-school fuzziness to much more aggressive tones.

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1366035174' post='2047503']
nice choices, and I like the sparkly red!!

last time I was in the studio I took my old stache and ended up using the Ge diodes more than the 'no diodes' tone for recording, it's a great tone :)
[/quote]

I wasn't going to go for the germanium diodes until we talked about the Stache but I'm glad I did :) The colour is actually pink sparkle, I wanted something a bit outlandish for my board, under brighter lights it looks really pink but under lower light it looks quite red.

[quote name='thumbo' timestamp='1366106991' post='2048282']
I wasn't going to go for the germanium diodes until we talked about the Stache but I'm glad I did :) The colour is actually pink sparkle, I wanted something a bit outlandish for my board, under brighter lights it looks really pink but under lower light it looks quite red.
[/quote]

Yeah the Germaniums are such a great classic sound, my Stache has Germs/LEDs/asymmetric LEDs. I'm also use the asymmetric LEDs, huge sounding.....although obviously sacrificed the 'no diodes' setting with these options.
Also using the LEDs setting on my Rat Tail, must just be my thing :)

Si

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1366035174' post='2047503']
nice choices, and I like the sparkly red!!

last time I was in the studio I took my old stache and ended up using the Ge diodes more than the 'no diodes' tone for recording, it's a great tone :)
[/quote]

Interesting you mention you used the Ge diodes more for recording, I've just plugged mine into my interface for the first time using my Rusty Box as a pre amp and the Ge diodes sound great. Up until now I've barely used the Ge setting at all through my amp but for some reason this setting really shines without an amp in the mix.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1370801214' post='2105760']
it's a very pretty board! nice etched BDPG, and one of the best kid-painted pedals i've seen :)
[/quote]

Yeah man, great job on the paint! Very autumnal ;)

Best bit is the LEDs match the scheme!

[attachment=136590:2013-06-09 21.32.14.jpg]

I know its listed as a preamp, but it's as much a preamp as the Grey Stache is, it's essentially just an (awesome) overdrive with a versatile tone control.
But regardless, can go wherever you think sounds best in the chain :)

Si

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='iamtheelvy' timestamp='1372536252' post='2127033']
Hey guys, just put the order in with Ry, so it'll be a couple of months, but get some pics soon! Dark Driving and custom Grey Stache / Rat Tail combo (The RatStache), both Kid-Painted!
[/quote]

Well, ok, I was expecting september time, but just got the email from Ry that these are shipping today!

• 2 weeks later...