Why become a member? ×

Fuzzrocious Pedals appreciation

Sibob

3 hours ago, dmc79 said:

The smaller enclosure Cat Tail looks awesome. I've been reading up on Rats, and this pedal (and variants of it) comes up all the time. Hope this isn't a stupid question, but are these good at low level or kind of really wild from the start, if you know what I mean? I know this is probably a different sort of band to what you'd associate with Fuzzrocious, but I've heard some stuff by The Wedding Present where they used a ProCo Rat on bass for some slightly grindy tones, without going all out distorted, with the distortion knob at like 9 o'clock. I'm tempted to just get a Rat to try and replicate that sound, but I keep reading about them losing low end. Does the Cat Tail nail that kind of lower level distortion or its strength at the more balls to the wall stuff? Thanks

they sound great at low gain, if you grab the 2nd distortion mod version you get the best of both worlds

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, 0175westwood29 said:

so any other fuzzrocious fans thinking of grabbing Tyrannochorus then?

I’m very tempted. Their Heliotropic is one of my all-time favourite pedals and I like the look of the Tyrannochorus.

Nice demo too, as always.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...