Why become a member? ×

Fuzzrocious Pedals appreciation

Sibob

Looks like Andertons did the right thing at NAMM at ordered a big 'ol bunch of Fuzzrocious, all (apart from Ram The Manparts & Feed Me) are hand-painted as opposed to screen-printed....which is awesome little bonus on these shores:

https://www.andertons.co.uk/c/8/guitar-pedals-effects?p=1&q=8&v=0&me=_Brand&f=Brand:Fuzzrocious-Pedals&x=Brand

Si

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1487090232' post='3236955']
they all seem to say 'pre-order - delivery in 8-10 weeks', so it sounds like a more expensive method of ordering directly from Ryan, unless I'm missing something?
[/quote]

I just spoke to Ryan and he's just wrapping up their order currently. So the pedals will ship to Andertons soon and be available directly from them. The 'pre-order' is simply because they wanted the pedals listed asap I imagine.

Si

• 5 months later...

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1501530551' post='3345344']
I knew you wouldn't disappoint ;)

Si
[/quote]

had to! that pedal is my favourite fuzz! even if i cant use it all the time! addition of the gate control on the outside and the second fs being able to bring in the oscillation was just to tempting!

Andy

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Sibob changed the title to Fuzzrocious Pedals appreciation
  • 2 weeks later...
On 26/02/2023 at 11:28, Sibob said:

Cat Tail with clean-blend in 125b enclosure!

Sounds brutal into a Sansamp!

FABD7CE9-B867-4F36-A675-06BF5101D200.thumb.jpeg.fa9368b20cd9d35f74b9323159385839.jpeg

Si

The smaller enclosure Cat Tail looks awesome. I've been reading up on Rats, and this pedal (and variants of it) comes up all the time. Hope this isn't a stupid question, but are these good at low level or kind of really wild from the start, if you know what I mean? I know this is probably a different sort of band to what you'd associate with Fuzzrocious, but I've heard some stuff by The Wedding Present where they used a ProCo Rat on bass for some slightly grindy tones, without going all out distorted, with the distortion knob at like 9 o'clock. I'm tempted to just get a Rat to try and replicate that sound, but I keep reading about them losing low end. Does the Cat Tail nail that kind of lower level distortion or its strength at the more balls to the wall stuff? Thanks