Hello

Another one I wish I could keep...

Bass Collection 4 Str

I think it´s from the 400 Series, with Black Gotoh hardware

Beautiful trans red with 2 piece Sen Ash and ebony fretboard

Active SGC Pickups.

Made in Japan.

Straight neck, hardly any fret wear

just some scratches on the back and a ding on the lower bout.

Very nice sounding bass and highly underrated...

It comes with a gig bag.

I´m asking 300 pounds (shipping included).

Edited by Stance

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1360857892' post='1977528']
Future collectible??? A lot of bass for not a lot of money..
[/quote]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]quite possibly - as I nominated in the [/font][/size]
[b] [size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]"What are going to be future collectables?" thread.[/font][/size][/b]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Damn good basses these. are too.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Can anybody confirm if this is from the (SB) 400 series?[/font][/size]

I'm sure the 320 series all had gold hardware. My 320 fretless is sen body, gold hardware and ebony fretboard. According to a scan of an old SGC Nanyo brochure (http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/301004_10150354414366555_1518114792_n.jpg if you can see this link), the 460 series had paduak/walnut tops, gold hardware and ebony fretboard. An ebony fretboard on a fretted BC leads me to think this is a 400 series. The brochure I linked isn't exhaustive, in fact I know there's another page to it as I used to have this brochure from the 90s! The 300/310 series wouldn't have had an ebony fretboard nor the see-through red paint effect so I think this may be a 400 series but not the 460 range. Whichever in the range it is, these are beautiful, play well, sound great and weigh nothing.

I have checked my old Bass Collection brochures and unfortunately can't be 100% sure, I would agree the 320's in my brochure had gold hardware, the 465 etc had exotic wood finishes, the only one I can find with black hardware was the 310 but from what I can see it was never available with the translucent finish, it'll be a cracking bass anyway...good luck with the sale

Thanks for all the input!

I´ve done a lot of search and I´m almost 100% sure that it´s from thr 400 series-the 300 had gold hardware and diferent bridges (just pay a closer look to them, and you´ll see the gold ones on the 300 series are different than these Gotoh black ones).

There is quite a bit of info around on these basses, a lot of which is conflicting.
There are people who are more well informed than me but I have to disagree that the 300 series have gold (or brass) harware.

I recently sold a (passive) SB301 which was very similar to this, also in the trans red finish.
Differences between this are the fretboard, the bridge on mine was less substantial and not Gotoh stamped (although the tuners were), my nut was plastic where as this one is brass
I reckon this is an active SB310.

Either way still a fantastic bass.

[quote name='bagsieblue' timestamp='1360878938' post='1977928']
There are people who are more well informed than me but I have to disagree that the 300 series have gold (or brass) harware.
[/quote]

The brochure I linked has gold hardware for the 320 and my 320 has gold hardware too. The 300 series is a different series in a way from the 320 series so it seems the 301/310 series have different specs than the 320. Pretty confusing yeah :)

• 3 weeks later...