Why become a member? ×

band names... the hardest mission ever

RockfordStone

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1360702027' post='1975133']

Gerroff, those names are for the OP! ;)
[/quote]

I baggsie Sugarshack!

If I manage to get this band off the ground with my girlie singer friend we'll be looking for a name. When we did the Xmas concert at the music academy we were introduced as 'the adult band'!
This was to distinguish us from the day students who were doing BTECs and such like - but it made us sound a bit suspect!!
Then one of the young female students called out 'They should be called Rouge cos they're all dressed in red'. Singer and I had deliberately arranged to be colour co-ordinated, so I'm glad it was noted.
Anyway, we are now using Rouge as a working title. I think it's a great name but possibly a bit girlie if we have a couple of lads in the band (as is likely).
I think Sugarshack sounds cool for a mixed male/female band!

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1360875288' post='1977858']
I baggsie Sugarshack!
[/quote]

You're welcome to it, of course - but if you Google it, you'll see it's not available!
Sugarshack would have been our number one choice otherwise, it's a great band name. :)

I think the two-word version 'Sugar Shack' has gone too. Most decent names have. We practically had to come up with a random string of words just to get something that hadn't already been taken.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1360878214' post='1977912']

You're welcome to it, of course - but if you Google it, you'll see it's not available!
Sugarshack would have been our number one choice otherwise, it's a great band name. :)

I think the two-word version 'Sugar Shack' has gone too. Most decent names have. We practically had to come up with a random string of words just to get something that hadn't already been taken.
[/quote]

Ah but I don't think there's a Black Country Sugarshack. Which might be a better name actually. Hmmmmm...

One of my old bands was called The Gorgeous Heroes, purely for the irony. The pic in my - is it avatar - is from those days, so it`s easy to see there was nothing either gorgeous or heroic going on, certainly on my side of the stage.

Unfortunately not everyone in the band managed to catch on to the irony, so it kind-of backfired.............

Edited by Lozz196

Dunno how to advise. My head is always emitting band names.

Other than that, that same head gets [s]inspiration[/s] copy craving from ... er ... everything.
Like:
See a funny roadsign? --> band name! . . "The North / Hatfield" just waits to be used for a band name one day. Watch and see!
Special family name? ---> band name! . . e.g. "Quaars-Liebrechts", my experimental band once upon a time
Poem title? ------------------> band name! . . e.g. "Quand je te vois" or something similar - poetic music to existing poetry.
etc
etc

best,
bert

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1361488179' post='1986636']
Dunno how to advise. My head is always emitting band names.

Other than that, that same head gets [s]inspiration[/s] copy craving from ... er ... everything.
Like:
See a funny roadsign? --> band name! . . "The North / Hatfield" just waits to be used for a band name one day. Watch and see!

best,
bert
[/quote]

Like these guys:

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatfield_and_the_North"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatfield_and_the_North[/url]

[quote name='jonsmith' timestamp='1361531820' post='1986980']
Like these guys: [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatfield_and_the_North"]http://en.wikipedia....d_and_the_North[/url]
[size=4][/quote][/size]
[size=4]I suspect Bert was having a little joke with us. [/size] :)

Edited by discreet
  • Thanks 1

[quote name='iamtheelvy' timestamp='1361532328' post='1986995']
We had weeks of emails flying back and forth. I think eventually we all just got tired of it, so the first thing that somebody suggested that we didn't hate was the one that stuck!
[/quote]

OK then, what did you stick with? Tell us! :D

Other suggestions included:

Piedog,
Fishstomp
Southtides
Flaming Patios
Colloquial
Overmention
Into nothing
Paul Vinten and the Wiggles
Corningstone
Corningstones
The Corningstones
TwelveBore
Akbar's Trap

The beard of Norris

Whispering Eye
Gorillas Finger
Stump of the mill

Yosef's chamber

Laces out
Captain winky
The uk Dan Marino fan club

Particle Physics

1.21 Gigawatts

Flux Capacitor

'And Supporting Acts'
'Sick of the Sight of you'
unknown substance,
in the tank,
pop the cow,
atreides,
leland palmer,
inland empire,
pure creativity,
merrick,
briggs,

Pietrain

Pidog
Piedog
Pyedog

Piefly

Drive-pie

Pieface

Pielight

Pieway

Pie-ground
Exhausted Pie
Klaatu barada nikto
Hangdog Burrito.
Lanolin?

A.S.A.P.

Red Carpet

Variety 58

Spread Spectrum

Cheques Accepted

For Official Use
Paper Anorak

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

Sugarsoap
Intentionally Blank
Intentionality

Please feel free to use!

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1360696862' post='1974970']
Yes. I'm in a band called Barabajagal and we have been mis-spelled many ways. Perhaps the most feeble effort was Brabber Jack.
[/quote]

I was in a band called Filthtones (yes it was very appropriate). We were once billed as Phil Thones...kind of stuck.

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1361488179' post='1986636']
Special family name? ---> band name! . . e.g. "Quaars-Liebrechts", my experimental band once upon a time
Poem title? ------------------> band name! . . e.g. "Quand je te vois" or something similar - poetic music to existing poetry.
etc
etc
[/quote]

Or in my band's case: Sitting in a pub, "We need a name". Notice wine bottle on shelf by the table... "That'll do".

We're spicy, full-bodied and delicious... apparently.