Why become a member? ×

SOLD !!!

The Dark Lord

Yeah, but what I'm saying though is that I think it is a bit annoying when people mark their things as "SOLD" and then delete all of the details ..... like the price and the description.

As you may have guessed, I didn't actually sell anything - just commenting on other dudes practices.

It's quite interesting to see what was up for sale and, although we will never know the exact details of the sale, we can get feel for the market.

I think there should be a compulsory penalty of having your bum kicked in by a mod for doing that.

Edited by The Dark Lord

[quote name='The Dark Lord' timestamp='1360488385' post='1971004']
Yeah, but what I'm saying though is that I think it is a bit annoying when people mark their things as "SOLD" and then delete all of the details ..... like the price and the description.

As you may have guessed, I didn't actually sell anything - just commenting on other dudes practices.

It's quite interesting to see what was up for sale and, although we will never know the exact details of the sale, we can get feel for the market.

I think there should be a compulsory penalty of having your bum kicked in by a mod for doing that.
[/quote]

What happens if you sold something at a stupidly low price because of personal financial issues and feel it would be unfair for that to set a precedent for a similar item and mean that some other dude can't sell his for whats it's worth because the buyer expects it to go for the same amount as the super low price?

Surely then you're within your rights as a seller to remove the info and protect the price of an item for future sellers?

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1360488890' post='1971007']
What happens if you sold something at a stupidly low price because of personal financial issues and feel it would be unfair for that to set a precedent for a similar item and mean that some other dude can't sell his for whats it's worth because the buyer expects it to go for the same amount as the super low price?

Surely then you're within your rights as a seller to remove the info and protect the price of an item for future sellers?
[/quote]

No. It's annoying.

Before I had a photobucket account, I would often delete the pictures from my older sale threads, as basschat only allows a limited space for images. When I reached the upload limit, I couldn't post more without deleting some. I have also removed prices from old sale threads, but only where I felt that I had priced the items low, because I didn't want to disadvantage other sellers in future by skewing the market downwards. It might be annoying to some, but our posts are ours to edit so it's the sellers call whether or not they do this.