Why become a member? ×

Wooten Woods - Bass Camp

OutSpoon

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone was planning to attend this year's Music / Nature camp at Wooten Woods - or the Bass Camp?

One of my friends went last year and thought it was awesome so I decided to treat myself this year. 5 days of music and fun in the woods with Mr. Wooten himself amongst other greats...

Its over in Nashville which is a bit of a hike - but I reckon it's worth it...

Anyone coming along?

Stevo.

• 2 weeks later...

I did a guest gig/Q&A at Victor's camp a couple of years ago, and was REALLY impressed with the set up. Some brilliant people involved there, and all the students I spoke to were really inspired. One of my Beyond Bass Camp students went about 3 years ago, and she had an amazing time. So seems well worth it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

WIth BA - Heathrow to JFK then JFK down to Nashville (with American Airlines). Bass went in a hardcase as hand luggage. Didn't have any problems with all four legs of the journey. Plenty of people flying to Nashville with guitars so then were cool with it. Be prepared for it going in the hold though...

Cool, I'll take a look :)
I had an email back from the admin team who also state that the dates don't get announced until around Jan 2014, which is a bit disappointing, I imagine flights will have soured (no pun intended) in price by then, so we'll see. I think it's something that I'll do, would just prefer to book in sooner rather than later haha.

Si

If you book your flights nowish - but choose a flexible ticket; maybe you can move it forward a week / day once you know? I don't know whether that would be cheaper than buying closer to the time. I booked mine in January for May; which is fairly far in advance for me!

Yeah Bass / Nature is April - I went to Music / Nature - which was 50% bass players and 50% other musicians. Personally, this was much better than having 60 bass players all hanging out together... and you still got Steve Bailey and Victor Wooten teaching you..

• 1 month later...

Just found this thread. I did the bass/nature camp this April. It was ( I hate this word) Awesome in so many ways. I'd love to do the music/nature, maybe next year. I flew with (I think) US Airways and they allow basses as hand luggage, see my post in " flying with instruments". My bass was in a semi-rigid tribal planet case which fitted in overhead lockers on both planes. I flew Manchester - Philadelphia, then Phili - Nashville

Flights won't necessarily be more expensive nearer the time and could well be cheaper. It's not so much when the flight is, but when you buy the ticket that determines the price. Buying in autumn/winter is often good as no one else is booking holidays.

Just keep an eye on flight prices on something like ebookers.com.