Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz Marcus Miller Artist model. 4 string, FS FT

Robert Manning

• 4 months later...

Hello Mr. Manning.
You say London, your avatar says Portsmouth.
Is a case, gigbag included?
Would you courier at buyers cost?
Presume that says Made In Japan on headstock?
The answers may help you sell.
Nice to see a Miller at a sensible price.
GLWTS

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1389869197' post='2338788']
Nice to see a Miller at a sensible price.
[/quote]

Sensible?! That's a serious bargain, that is! Lovely basses these. Even though they tend to be a bit on the heavy side, they balance very well indeed.

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1389885065' post='2339119']
Sensible?! That's a serious bargain, that is! Lovely basses these. Even though they tend to be a bit on the heavy side, they balance very well indeed.
[/quote]

Nope, in my opinion it's a sensible price.
Because of exchange rates/increased vat etc, the price on the new Japanese ones went through the roof about 3 years ago (in Britain anyway). I have a feeling that is why these and the Geddy had production moved to Mexico. The Mexican ones I have tried have been just as good as the Japanese, and generally a touch lighter.
People who had 5/6 year old ones Japanese ones that cost about £550new were punting them out at £700/£800 second hand, stating they were over £1000 new. They bloody well weren't when they bought them as 2 minutes on Google would show.
Then they were wondering why they weren't selling them. ;)
This is IMO a fair and sensible price for both buyer and seller. Cracking bass, good price, somebody get in quick.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1389896193' post='2339305']
The Mexican ones I have tried have been just as good as the Japanese, and generally a touch lighter.
This is IMO a fair and sensible price for both buyer and seller. Cracking bass, good price, somebody get in quick.
[/quote]

Maybe, but there is no doubt that the Jap versions are still more highly regarded and sought after. Perhaps in a few years the MIM ones will catch up... And second-hand value doesn't necessarily reflect what the bass cost new - especially if they are unusual and sought-after (which, to an extent, the MMs are).

Anyway, the market will stand what the market will stand! B)