Why become a member? ×

Mid Herts/North London Bash

TheGreek

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Anyone interested in the NEW lightweight Bergantino [/font][/color][url="http://www.bassgear.co.uk/product/bergantino/bergantino-cn112/"]CN112[/url][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] cabs, can hear and see them at the Herts Bass Bash this Saturday.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Molan is kindly bringing them from our showroom.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Balcro' timestamp='1369607023' post='2090901']

I don't think so. You'll probably end up with well in excess of 20. Most if not all of us expect a flexible payout. That's how it's worked in the past. We pay our fair share.

See you on [b]Sunday[/b].

Balcro.

[/quote]

You meant Saturday ....right? Or have I got the day wrong ?

At last I now know where I'm gigging Saturday and as it's not too far away the good news is that I will definitely be along to the bash on Saturday, so I'll be able to bring along my Berg HD112, Streamliner 600 and a couple of pedals to boot. I'll probably be there about 1pm. I'm looking forward to putting faces to names and meeting you 'orrible lot at last :D

Seeya there.

[quote name='sticker' timestamp='1369849658' post='2093510']
You meant Saturday ....right? Or have I got the day wrong ?
[/quote]

At the time I didn't. Did a double take on Monday. Panic. Had to buy Mrs B a multi-pack of Cadbury's
Flake and a packet of Jelly Babies. Saturday shopping rearranged.

Balcro.

Sadly, I can't join you all this Saturday but I want to wish you all the best for a great day!

The whole event looks really exciting and well organised/promoted, so hopefully it'll be the first of many..

Looks like some great gear will be there too, which, along with meeting some fab fellow Basschatters, is what these events are all about! :-)

Looking forward to the photos already. .

We'll miss those of you who can't make it, and hope we'll see you soon at another bash. Rest assured that, should you be curious to see what went on at this bash, you'll soon have an extensive, detailed photoblog courtesy of yours truly to wade through at leisure :D

Rock on all the same you guys, whether at home with your families or out giggin \m/ :) \m/

Edited by bluejay

Really looking forward to seeing you all very soon! Weather forecast is looking a bit better as well.
I've got a great weekend coming up. Bass lesson tomorrow, then the awesome Bass Bash on Sat and then I'm travelling on to spend the rest of the weekend with my besie mate near Cambridge.
And I will just happen to have my bass with me!! So I may have to [s]subject her[/s] treat her to a few tunes! :D

Sorry folks, having said that I'll bring a DB I've now got a wedding gig come up at the last minute. So while you're all having a good time I'll be gritting my teeth playing (well, I'm too embarrassed to tell you what the bride wants us to play). Have a great day; from past experience a Bass Bash never disappoints.

I've added my gear to the list:

[size=3]Berg HD112, Streamliner 600, various pedals - Ratman[/size]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]EBS HD350+ EBS cab -The Greek
Roscoe Century 3005/ Overwater J4 - The Greek
Markbass Mini CMD121P & NY121 cab - Lozz196
Some form of Precision - Lozz196 (very predictable there)
Ebay double neck kit finished - irvined
Alpher Custom Bass - StephenYork
70s Fenders, Status S2s - Fat Rich
Ibanez GSR-180 (modded), Line 6 combo, pedals and myself - Bottle
Heavily modified Fleabass (if ready by then!) - Aende
Warwick Fortress Masterman - Aende
500W Ashdown + 2 x 210 Eminence loaded cabs - Aende
3 Year old daughter and possibly a Border Collie - Aende
MIM Fender Presicion - seashell[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]1983 USA Fender Jazz / Line 6 POD X3 LIVE if anyone's interested - xilddx[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]1980 Aria SB-1000F + Ibanez Promethean 5110 - Bloodaxe.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]TC Electronics BG250 combo & Studio spares Grammapad copy (isolation board) - sticker[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Cort GB74 (Natural), Ashdown 5-15. - Balcro[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='bassace' timestamp='1369907672' post='2094197']
Sorry folks, having said that I'll bring a DB I've now got a wedding gig come up at the last minute. So while you're all having a good time I'll be gritting my teeth playing (well, I'm too embarrassed to tell you what the bride wants us to play). Have a great day; from past experience a Bass Bash never disappoints.
[/quote]

Go on tell, us .. give us all a laugh! :D

Shame you can't come though.

S

My gear added:
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]EBS HD350+ EBS cab -The Greek
Markbass Mini CMD121P & NY121 cab - Lozz196
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]1983 USA Fender Jazz / Line 6 POD X3 LIVE if anyone's interested - xilddx[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]1980 Aria SB-1000F + Ibanez Promethean 5110 - Bloodaxe.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]TC Electronics BG250 combo & Studio spares Grammapad copy (isolation board) - sticker[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Cort GB74 (Natural), Ashdown 5-15. - Balcro[/size][/font][/color]
[size=3]Fender AE (or 1971 P) fretless, 1975 Fender Jazz; EA Micro; BigE 4x5 cab - Clarky[/size]

No. Two good reasons - 1. I'm not going to share any info that, even by implication, would take the piss out of the B&G's choice of music. and 2. the thread is all about the Bass Bash so please let's get back on topic and concentrate our minds on a great event.

My gear added:
Markbass Mini CMD121P & NY121 - Lozz196
[size=3]Fender AE (or 1971 P) fretless, 1975 Fender Jazz; EA Micro; BigE 4x5 cab - Clarky
Ibanez BTB 550 - L_Bass_Dog85

Anyone staying the night for drink and banter afterwards? Thinking about booking a room at a hotel.

[quote name='irvined' timestamp='1369908501' post='2094216']
Hi,

A couple of logistic question. The event opens at 12:00 if you are bringing gear what time should you arrive by?

Do you unload and leave your car or have to park elsewhere?

Thanks.

Regards,

Doug
[/quote]

Good point Doug

The parking at the venue is limited (about 8 spaces) so we''ll be asking you to unload and move to one of the three nearby car parks - all within 400 yards. No preferential treatment, me and the other organisers will be doing the same. I'm sure that people will be arriving after 12.00 but there should be somebody in the building from 11.30 (finalising entry details tonight).

Lozz will be in charge of catering so contact him direct with your order for chinese food (just kidding)...tea, coffee, soft drinks should be available all day. Anybody after something more substantial than a sandwich can check out the food shops in Hatfield Town Centre (nice chicken shish kebabs from the local chip shop).

I'll bring a pair of Bergantino CN112's with an Aguilar TH500 and the funky Aguilar pedal demo rack. The pedals will have : Tone Hammer, Agro, Ocatamizer, Filter Twin and TLC - all chained up and ready to play.

If I can fit them in my wife's car (which she has kindly loaned out for the day), I'll also bring an ATS312 cab with an ATS500 head. This is a real little hi-Fi quality rig. Very articulate and clear.

Not sure about basses yet. We get some people saying the stock is too 'high end' at bashes so maybe I'll throw some cheaper stuff in that's still a bit different. Possibly a Carvin custom or two, a Godin Shifter, maybe some F Basses.

If anyone wants to try the Fodera hand-made strings that Phil is now selling in BassGear hen let me know and I can bring some along. He's got a big range in both nickel and stainless and 4-6 string sets.

I won't be able to take cards but I can sell some in the day at a special bass-bash price. 4 string sets at £20, 5 strings at £25 and 6's at £30.

I'll need to know in advance what to bring so check the range here http://www.bassgear.co.uk/product-category/accessories/strings/fodera-strings/

Then PM me with anything you fancy and I'll grab some on the way over.

I think they are great strings and definitely give DR's a run for their money. I reckon these prices will be a good £5 cheaper than equivalent DR prices :)

I may be able to pop along after all. I'll bring a P-Bass Lyte or a Modern Player Jazz... and I will be wearing an Arsenal shirt! ;)

My gear added:
[size=2]Berg HD112, Streamliner 600, various pedals - Ratman
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]EBS HD350+ EBS cab -The Greek
Markbass Mini CMD121P & NY121 - Lozz196
MIM Fender Presicion - seashell[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1983 USA Fender Jazz / Line 6 POD X3 LIVE if anyone's interested - xilddx[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1980 Aria SB-1000F + Ibanez Promethean 5110 - Bloodaxe.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TC Electronics BG250 combo & Studio spares Grammapad copy (isolation board) - sticker[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cort GB74 (Natural), Ashdown 5-15. - Balcro[/font][/color]
[size=3]Fender AE (or 1971 P) fretless, 1975 Fender Jazz; EA Micro; BigE 4x5 cab - Clarky
Ibanez BTB 550 - L_Bass_Dog85
Fender Precision Lyte/Fender Modern Player Jazz - TransistorBassMan[/size]

Edited by TransistorBassMan

I might pop along to this....shame my BFB S12T won't be ready for a couple of weeks.....

I shall bring my P-retro equipped Warmoth P with a J neck.

perhaps folk might be interested in 1) Warmoth stuff or 2) the P-retro - and want to try it.....

If I do come it will mainly to put faces to names. - no performances from me

Ha Ha

Edited by Twigman