Why become a member? ×

Mid Herts/North London Bash

TheGreek

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1368318451' post='2075715']
I'll just be bringing my trusty Yamaha BB424x so I can rock out and try out some rigs and shizzle!

Truckstop
[/quote]

If you shizzle anywhere near my gear I'll kick you in the trousers! ;)

If there are any particular effects people want to see/hear, let me know :)
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/199401-i-did-an-inventory-p/#entry1973589"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/199401-i-did-an-inventory-p/#entry1973589[/url]

Si

[quote name='Balcro' timestamp='1365441148' post='2039696']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]A selection of tiny pedals and a bass or two from [/size][/font][/color][url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/200857-my-little-lot-iv/"]this lot[/url][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] - bigbeatnut[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Don't think I can make it unfortunately (family stuff), so I've take my entry off the list.

[b]Who's bringing what list[/b]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]EBS HD350+ EBS cab -The Greek
Roscoe Century 3005/ Overwater J4 - The Greek
Markbass Mini CMD121P & NY121 cab - Lozz196
Some form of Precision - Lozz196 (very predictable there)
Ebay double neck kit finished - irvined
Alpher Custom Bass - StephenYork
70s Fenders, Status S2s - Fat Rich
Ibanez GSR-180 (modded), Line 6 combo, pedals and myself - Bottle
Heavily modified Fleabass (if ready by then!) - Aende
Warwick Fortress Masterman - Aende
500W Ashdown + 2 x 210 Eminence loaded cabs - Aende
3 Year old daughter and possibly a Border Collie - Aende
MIM Fender Presicion - seashell[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]1983 USA Fender Jazz / Line 6 POD X3 LIVE if anyone's interested - xilddx[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]1980 Aria SB-1000F + Ibanez Promethean 5110 - Bloodaxe.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]TC Electronics BG250 combo & Studio spares Grammapad copy (isolation board) - sticker[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Cort GB74 (Natural), Ashdown 5-15. - Balcro[/size][/font][/color]

Depending on how many of us are available it looks like we'll be able to bring a couple of nice new demo rigs for people to try.

Probably a pair of the new Bergantino CN112 cabs, a CN212 with whatever spare heads are kicking around (one will be an Aguilar TH500). Might also bring the really cool new ATS 312 with their 500w head.

No idea what basses yet but up for requests from Ritter, Fodera, F Bass, Carvin, Godin, maybe a vintage Fender or two, Brubaker, Yamaha Attitude or BB, maybe even a funky Laurus :)

Good call Barrie,
Be nice see & hear those Berg cabs in action - if you still have some left in stock! Paired up with a Tonehammer head, hmm

Plus, of course any of the other mentioned gear, would be most welcome too.

I'm hoping that there will be between 15-20 from here but we've also had an article in the local paper, the local music shops have been displaying the posters and flyers as have the local studios/rehearsal rooms, the Uni of Herts have had a link on their website and posters in their studio, posters in The Forum (UoH venue), the Assistant Manager at one of the local pub venues (The Horn of Plenty) is a bass player and has been handing them to the bass players in the bands who have played there recently, the venue has a studio and rehearsal room where the poster is displayed and we've been using WOM with as many players/guitarists as we could.

Finally, the Ents Manager at the Uni is also a Bass Player and will hopefully be coming along. He's promised to support us and may be induced to book BCer bands in the future..

Not sure what more we could have done TBH.

I'd like to cover the cost of the venue (£150), flyers (£60), for Lozz196's catering costs and put some money in the Youth Club's coffers. We could do with a few more raffle prizes so if anybody has things lying at the back of the drawer which they'd like to donate...would be gratefully received...

We are still waiting for definite confirmation for the two seminars and drummers...I also sent out an invitation to some fella called Steve Harris today who lives fairly locally, be nice if he showed..

Do you think I have good reason to feel anxious???

If all that happens, it's going to be absolutely awesome! :D
I've been tweeting the bash throughout the last couple of months. We could do with a shout out on Facebook too - I'll see to it tomorrow (not now - better choose a time when people may be online, while at the moment most will be either in the garden with the BBQ or watching the telly or out and about.)

Thank you again, guys, for your hard work organising this.

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1369598008' post='2090756']
If all that happens, it's going to be absolutely awesome! :D
I've been tweeting the bash throughout the last couple of months. We could do with a shout out on Facebook too - I'll see to it tomorrow (not now - better choose a time when people may be online, while at the moment most will be either in the garden with the BBQ or watching the telly or out and about.)

Thank you again, guys, for your hard work organising this.
[/quote]

I hope you've just been speaking to the bass glitterrati; we don't want to be flash-mobbed (he says optimistically).

Balcro.

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1369597536' post='2090751']
I'd like to cover the cost of the venue (£150), flyers (£60), for Lozz196's catering costs and put some money in the Youth Club's coffers. We could do with a few more raffle prizes so if anybody has things lying at the back of the drawer which they'd like to donate...would be gratefully received...

We are still waiting for definite confirmation for the two seminars and drummers...I also sent out an invitation to some fella called Steve Harris today who lives fairly locally, be nice if he showed..

Do you think I have good reason to feel anxious???
[/quote]

I don't think so. You'll probably end up with well in excess of 20. Most if not all of us expect a flexible payout. That's how it's worked in the past. We pay our fair share.

See you on Sunday.

Balcro.

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1369679075' post='2091580']
Looking good for me coming along. I will bring my BigE 4x5 cab, EA Micro head (thats an amp, not a description of me) and a Fender or two (63P, 75J and/or 71 fretless)
[/quote]

Be warned -There will be an additional charge for anybody wearing an Arsenal shirt!!!